Snow Peak 1400 Titanium Cookset

 

Snow Peak 1400 Titanium Cookset
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Snow Peak 1400 Titanium Cookset
Manufacturer Snow Peak
Page By reboyles
Page Type Jul 20, 2010 / Jul 20, 2010
Object ID 7234
Hits 9511
Vote

Snow Peak Trek 1400 Titanium Cookset

In my quest to retool gear to save both weight and space I bought the Snow Peak Trek 1400 Titanium Cookset to replace my heavier MSR set that I've used for years. I decided on the 1400 because the main pot has a capacity of over 1 liter which I figured should be adequate for a small group and I was right. 3 of us used the 1400 as our only cookset for a 5 day adventure in the Winds and it was perfectly suited for the trip. The small fry pan that serves as a lid is a bit too small for much cooking but it does work well as a plate or cereal bowl. The lid does not fit tightly which some may not like but I didn't have a problem with it. A snap-tight lid could turn this into a pressure cooker or minimally make it hard to get off when handling hot liquid or food. The only shortcoming I found with this cookset was the handles which have a tendency to get very hot. The first (and only) time I picked this pot up off the stove I saw a small puff of smoke and instantly had second degree burns on two of my finger tips. From that point on I always had a glove handy when I needed to pick up the pot. Outside of the welding rod like handles, this is a good strong, lightweight cookset that I'll use from now on.

Features

Lightweight, 47 ounce capacity, 2-piece titanium cookset, 7.4 ounce total weight.

Images

Reviews

No reviews written yet.