Splash Guard

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Splash Guard
Manufacturer Guyot Designs
Page By Rob A
Page Type Nov 20, 2005 / Nov 20, 2005
Object ID 1502
Hits 4413
Vote
The Inspiration

The Splashguard™ was invented one snowy evening on the way home from a day spent cross-country skiing in the Sierras. Josh, an avid skier and patient passenger in Sloan's old Jeep could not stop the inevitable slosh of water he would get every time she accelerated (Which was usually far too often). Instead of changing the driver, he fixed the problem. Josh began some initial sketches and after several quiet hours one small request for a stop at REI emerged. We immediately realized that there was nothing on the market that solved the problem. The SplashGuard was on the market within three months.



First Generation

Our first SplashGuard was designed with 2 openings—one for adults, the other for kids. But our users told us that the 2nd opening hit their noses, that it didn't drain well and it would occasionally slip into the bottle. So, we went back to the drawing board!

This SplashGuard is no longer manufactured—if you have one, it may be a collectors item!



Original

This SplashGuard addressed all of our great customer feedback.

We removed the second drinking opening, added a large drainage hole and improved the fit in Nalgene bottles. This SplashGuard fits most wide-mouth bottles on the market, but it doesn't well work with some newer bottles.



Mini

The Mini is specifically designed to fit the smaller opening of the Nalgene N-Gen bottle. It has all the great features of the Original, just in a cuter package!



Universal

Our newest SplashGuard is designed to fit ALL wide mouth bottles. It is made from food grade silicone for a flexible, easy fit. Otherwise, it's the same proven design as the Original.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

Rob A - Nov 20, 2005 11:54 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
It does all that it say's it does, guards the splash.

Erik Beeler - Nov 20, 2005 8:07 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
LOL! Best product out there for Nalgene openings! When your the best you get five stars.



Ok on the more serious side I have used this mountaineering. When we melt snow we pour the water into a wide mouth Nalgene. We would then put the Splash Guard in the Nalgene and pour the water into our hydration systems or into the smaller throat Nalgenes. The splash Guard makes pouring easier by keeping the stream controlled and smaller.



miztflip - Nov 29, 2005 8:01 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I love these things. Especially when trying to drink out of my bottles while driving. Sure beats a lap full of water. It also helps me not to choke while breathing hard and taking a drink.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3