Stone

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Stone
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By Ed F
Page Type Jun 12, 2005 / Jun 12, 2005
Object ID 10025
Hits 1000
Vote
In a world of packs where 100 straps, 60 pockets and 24 daisy chains are the norm, the Stone Pack stands apart from the crowd. A perfect pack for the crags, the Stone is simple yet built for heavy use. You won’t find a million "what the hell is this for" features on the Stone - what you will find is two sets of tool loops, ski tail holders and one (not ten) compression strap on each side of the pack. 3-D nylon mesh covers both the back panel and shoulder straps to wick away perspiration on hot, long days. Also converts quickly into a haul bag; just tuck the shoulder straps under the lid, clip the reinforced haul points and go. Designed for cragging, yet easily converts into a haul bag. Now available in two sizes: 33 L and a new 40 L for those who need extra space.

Colors: Orange & Gray
Constructed of 1000d Cordura
Reinforced haul loops
Volume: 2000 cu. in. (33 L)
Weight: 2 lb. 4.4 oz.


This simplistic backpack won't weigh you down with a thousand bullshit features. It will, however, do you right with its two sets of tool loops, ski tail holders and one (not 100) compression straps. 3-D mesh covers the back of the Stone to wick away perspiration and we've made sure to include lots of comfy padding for max comfort. The pack also easily converts into a makeshift haul bag--just tuck the straps under the lid, clip the reinforced haul points and it's hog away time.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Ed F - Jun 12, 2005 12:42 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This is a great cragging or light backpacking model. The single compression strap doesn't really do the job when it is packed full of gear, but as long as you don't overload it, it's fine.



I got this for my wife as an all around pack, and she's loved it so far. It carries skis well, and works fine for a touring pack.



Very affordable.

Haliku - Jun 19, 2005 4:58 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This is a great daypack for trips to the mountains, rock climbing or as carry on luggage on a plane.



I'm not sure they make it any longer so finding one might be an issue. The value to feature ratio is makes this pack a useful addition to any gear junkies closet.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2