Valdez

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Valdez
Manufacturer COLD COLD WORLD
Page By NYC007
Page Type Jun 4, 2003 / Jun 4, 2003
Object ID 738
Hits 4736
Vote
a smaller size alpine pack perfect for one-day routes in the mountains or for cragging when you want a pack light enough to carry up the climb. All the important features that make our larger packs great are here in a smaller, more streamlined package.

removable/extendible lid
daisy chain haul loops
ski slots
quick release ice tool loops and crampon straps
removable foam backpad
1.5" waist belt
13" extension sleeve
under-lid stash pocket

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

NYC007 - Jan 31, 2004 10:45 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is the pack I use the most. rock, ice , alpine. It has handled alot. From chimenys to hauling. Is very light, comfortable to lead it, emerg bivy pad, which I gladdly havent used. The inside of the pack is yellow so that you have a easier time seeing in it at night. I highly reccomend this pack, in the size range I dont think there is a better pack..

Tsuyoshi - Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm - Voted 5/5

GREAT BACKPACK!
This seems to be my workhorse pack during the summer months for anything up to 3-4 days. In the winter, I'll use this pack for day trips. The pack is made of burly material so hauling and bashing it repeatedly is no problem. The weight of the pack is light for all the features and the abuse it will take, making it a great alpine rock and ice pack. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. Don't expect super comfort if you want to haul tons of overnight gear. There are no load lifter straps on the shoulder pads so know that before you invest. If light and fast is what you are looking for, but don't want to give up tough construction, tool attachments, usable bivy pad etc. this is an excellent backpack. I know mine still has YEARS of use in it!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2