Widgeon

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Widgeon
Manufacturer Feathered Friends
Page By Dave K
Page Type Dec 10, 2003 / Dec 10, 2003
Object ID 910
Hits 5586
Vote
Here is a moderate winter bag that can be used comfortably in the Spring and Fall, yet it has been known to keep climbers warm on Denali. Most people can afford only one good sleeping bag, and usually you can only take one bag per trip. Unfortunately, most winter bags seem to be made to exclude other uses, forcing you to go too cold or too warm depending on where your bag lies on the temperature curve. We designed the Widgeon for the successful American 1990 K2 Expedition to be used alone at base camp and in conjunction with down clothing at their high camp. With a liner bag or down clothing, you could use the Widgeon on any summit attempt in the world. The removable collar and the ability to adjust the down gives a much wider temperature range than you would expect. Even by itself the Widgeon can cover a much broader range than any other single bag on the market. It also features continuous baffles, single draft tubes, a breathing tunnel, 3D contoured hood, and a removable collar.

(From the manufacturer)

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Dave K - May 22, 2004 3:49 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is an excellent bag, great for winter trips in relatively cold areas. Although temperature ratings are generally at best a rough indicator of warmth, I have slept quite comfortably a few times in zero degree conditions, and find that the temperature rating is accurate. The Widgeon is roomy enough for my slender six foot-two inch frame so that I don't feel cramped. The Widgeon also strikes a nice balance between light weight and warmth. I recommend upgrading to 800 down fill.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1