Pachni-Gerania

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.36000°N / 24.78470°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route starts from Pachni village in Xanthi region. There are small road which are going from Xanthi city to Pachni and it is 35Km. Two public busses runs per day from Xanthi to Pacnhi, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
You can reach Pachni vilage using a taxi from Xanthi (25euros).

Route Description


We take the dyry road on the left side of the main ridge of the mountain.
First the road is going a little bit lower, and stops in a place with few old houses.
a good path begin from here and it is traversing the long ridge. After 3 Km on path we turn right and we climb directly to the summit of Gerania 1548m. The trek is about 4 houres to reach the summit and 3 going back to Pachni. From the summit of Gerania there are vegy good view of village Dimario the last village before the Bulgaria border.

Essential Gear


Good trekking boots, at winter time we need a good clothing and a waterproof is needed because it is raining very offen.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.