Pachniesz Brzoskwinia

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.18809°N / 20.08248°E
Additional Information Route Type: Classic Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: VII- (6b)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting from the Morskie Oko shelter take a tourist trail to Rysy. When you reach Czarny Staw (Black Pond) - surround it, then turn left to narrow path, leaving tourist track, and direct stright to the bottom of the face of western pillar. Approach takes usually 1 hour from the shelter.



Route Description


Superb and very popular climb first sent by R. Stepisiewicz, M. Tertelis and W. Wenta in 1994. It offers technical and slabby climbing well protected with 31 bolts that mark the rote so it is easily tracked. See detailes on a few pictures.

Essential Gear


Set of 10 quickdraws will do fine. Single 50 m. rope is OK if you do not plan to rappel. You will need then to descent II-III grade from the top of the face heading left and then down to the gully (see details on a picture). To avoid it and be able to reach the bottom of the wall quickly when needed - take double rope and get to the base of a wall with 4 rappels (in-situ rappeling anchors) along the route. See details on a few pictures.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.