You take the Pacific Crest Trail starting from Islip Saddle. The trail starts across the road from the parking lot.
- From the parking area (6600'), cross the road and hike up the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT).
- After 1 mile, you will cross a fire road. Keep going towards Little Jimmy Campground.
- You will pass Little Jimmy Campground on your right and will continue to Windy Gap.
- Keep going and about 1.5 miles further the trail will fork. Keep left (NOT the turnoff towards South and Middle Hawkins).
- You will pass the summit on the north side until you are to the north-eastern side of it. At 8800 feet, you will have the possibility of taking a short right on a ridge going south west to the summit. If you don't turn right and go kind of straight, you will head to Throop peak.
Crampons and axe might be necessary during the winter and late fall/early spring.
If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.