Petes Point Comments

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

No need to wait - four stars already. Especially since it's a first effort. Welcome to SP!
Posted Oct 10, 2004 3:30 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like a colorful moountain. Cool pix including the flower meadow.
Posted Oct 10, 2004 7:40 am

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Yes Petes is a colorful mountain. My wife calls it the "Purple Mountain". Thanks for the vote. I still have some work to do on the page yet though.
Posted Oct 12, 2004 7:54 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Not only do you like Mt. Timpanogos but you also enjoy another of my favorite places, the Wallowas. I was glad to see you make this your first effort and hope you'll be adding some more as you get a chance. My Wallowa page is Red Mountain, north of Baker City

Nice effort for your first page, you might find this to be as much fun as i do. Good job.
Posted Oct 10, 2004 12:11 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Thanks for the vote. Yes, I'm getting hooked by all this. Now I have found this web site, I wonder how I lived without it. Great idea someone had. I really want to go to Red Mountain. Its been on my short list for years. My wife grew up just north of Baker City so I have had my eye on it. Hopefully next summer I will get over to it.
Posted Oct 12, 2004 7:53 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

A nice first effort. I've been to the area (over Polar Pass). I remember Petes Point dominated that north-south ridge.

One request/suggestion: you should remove the apostrophe in the name, as in Petes Point. The USGS intentionally leaves off apostrophes so as to avoid ambiguity. Also, it will be easier to search for the mountain without the apostrophe.
Posted Oct 10, 2004 2:12 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

OK, I have made the change you suggested. I always wondered why this mountain and others never had the apostrophe on the maps - now I know. Thanks for the info and vote.
Posted Oct 10, 2004 10:22 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Do'h! I forgot you were the guy Martin and I met atop She Devil. I guess this is one way to remember (I saw your recent photo additions to the Seven Devils Group).
Posted Oct 10, 2004 11:20 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Excellent work on your first mountain page!
Posted Oct 10, 2004 11:07 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Posted Oct 12, 2004 7:49 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice job! Great info on an interesting mountain! have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Oct 10, 2004 11:42 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Thanks for the vote. I'm glad you like the page, but I still have a lot of work to do on it. I plan to spend some time looking over your entries. I lived in PA for two years, but wasn't there long enough to explore as much as I would have liked to.
Posted Oct 12, 2004 7:48 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

You say it is under construction, so I assume that means more photos and a route page. I am sure it will be an excellent page.

These mountains appear to me to be one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the entire United States. Am I correct in this assumption? Although the Oregon High Point is Mt. Hood, it seems like the high point of a trip to Oregon, is hiking and climbing in the Wallowa Mountains!
Posted Oct 11, 2004 1:10 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page & mtn.
Posted Oct 11, 2004 1:45 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Thanks for the vote. Glad you like the page, but I still have some work to do on it.
Posted Oct 12, 2004 7:46 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Been wanting to do this one for a while now - just haven't gotten around to it.

A description of the climb is given in the Snowshoeing Oregon book - I'll add it in later. I think it's also listed in the Falcon guide "Hiking Eagle Cap W." - I'll double check the latter at home.
Posted Oct 12, 2004 7:51 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice page too! I very like the sugnature photo!!

Posted Nov 5, 2004 2:00 am

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Thanks for the vote.
Posted Nov 5, 2004 1:10 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Thanks for visiting my pages. And thanks for the votes.

Storyteller?
Posted Nov 22, 2004 2:23 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

I know absolutely nothing about this area and it's the first time I heard of the peak. The page is of the kind that makes me wanna go their immediately. Great info and beautiful photos.
Posted Dec 20, 2004 6:19 pm