No woman has ever scaled 14,8000ers who will be the first

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.
Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 am

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am

Edurne's site reports: todos los expedicionarios están bajando hacia el campo base, a las 10:45h ya se encuentran en el C1. Back to C1

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 am

Todo el equipo en el campo base, están felices y muy satisfechos por el trabajo realizado :)

Edurne and Nacho have had vision problems because of dehydration. Alex has had leg muscles' issues. All those problems have slackened between summit and CB. They'll restart the descent on Wednesday

Karrar Haidri

by Karrar Haidri » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Karrar Haidri

by Karrar Haidri » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:35 am

Annapurna wrap-up: Miss Oh summit push is on

http://www.explorersweb.com/everest_k2/news.php?id=19272

LinTheDjinn

by LinTheDjinn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:49 am

I hope Oh Eun-sun makes it now. Not only because she is from Korea but most because she is a very good idol for many Asian women. A person to look up to. It is needed more in Asia than in many other parts of the world. I wish Edurne Pasaban and Oh Eun-sun the best and the last summits. It is crazy how much drama it has been in Korea lately. Stupid media creating drama many times. Like Go Mi-sun and Oh Eun-sun didn't like each other. They were friends. Oh Eun-sun is bringing a photo of Go Mi-sun when she climb. That is so Go Mi-sun also can climb the last summits :cry: Another time media misunderstand everything and wrote Oh Eun-sun had climbed the last 500 meter on Kangchenjunga in 3 and half hours. Famous climber Huh Young-ho said it was nearly impossible and he is correct. Huh Young-ho had the information from media and only answered the questions. He din't know the information was wrong from the beginning. It took almost 13 hours and that was what Oh Eun-sun always said. Oh Eun-sun also had problems when she was asked for the person she admired most. Genghis Khan! :lol: 8) :wink:
Why is Explorersweb calling Korean women Miss? Not European Women. Only by first name. Edurne and Miss Oh :?: :evil: When we are not Miss we are **Lady climber**. Not female climber? Why this difference for Korean and European women?
Friends!

no avatar
Carl Valter

by Carl Valter » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 am

"oh" is exclamation in English. "Oh, look at house! "

Name Oh will be misunderstood. "Ms Oh" or "Miss Oh", everybody knows name it is. They could use Ms and be polite.

Race is bad. Endangers competitors. These are dangerous mountains, Annapurna especially.

LinTheDjinn

by LinTheDjinn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Carl Valter wrote:"oh" is exclamation in English. "Oh, look at house! "

Name Oh will be misunderstood. "Ms Oh" or "Miss Oh", everybody knows name it is. They could use Ms and be polite.

It is never polite to make difference in that way.
[/quote]
Carl Valter wrote:Race is bad. Endangers competitors. These are dangerous mountains, Annapurna especially.
The race is bad and stupid. The big problem is the media want drama. Korean television is the worst. One reporter claimed Edurne Pasaban had not reach the Annapurna summit. Edurne Pasaban attacked back and said Oh Eun-sun had not reach Kangchenjunga summit. This is the very stupid thing. Making conflict when there is no reason. Oh Eun-sun even had to explain and apologize for not making Annapurna on Chuseok last year. It is a very important celebration day in Korea. It was expected of Oh Eun-sun to summit on Chuseok. This is pressure! Oh Eun-sun wrote to Korean media.

“I am sorry that I could not summit Annapurna on Korean Thanks Giving Day (Oct3rd) – it would have been a fine gift. Given the conditions on the mountain though, descending was the only right thing to do. Hopefully I’ll bring better news after a second push I'm planning for mid October, I’ll be better prepared then.”

“I’ve heard I’ve become a source of inspiration for many women in Korea. I'm flattered but also feel a new sense of responsibility. I’ve worked very hard to find the time and the funds to climb my mountains: I worked several jobs and set up a noodle-shop to make money, but I never complained, since my goal was clear and my will to get there was firm.”

“Dear sisters, follow your heart but keep your focus straight. Had I quit my job only to climb mountains, I wouldn't have lasted long. In my opinion, to realize one's true wishes it's important to stay independent – not only financially, but also mentally."

“Identify your dreams and follow them: Happiness lays right there. You will lose if you compare yourself to others. You will lose if you begin to worry about money, honor or whatever others may think. Remember that dreams and happiness come out of what you like to do – for yourself.”

“People tend to think that men are strong and women are weak, even more so in the world of mountaineering where men are in majority. But if you depend on someone else, you’ll be limited. Instead, do things by yourself. It doesn't matter what you choice is, to be a climber or a house wife, use your own skill and independence. Age and physical features are not a critical factor. Just go for your dreams.

LinTheDjinn

by LinTheDjinn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:55 am

The climbing has stopped on Annapurna :( A storm keeps Oh Eun-sun and the team in C3. They hope they can endure there. Maybe they try move higher on Monday or Tuesday. It is a problem with provisions and choices about how many of the team can stay and who has to go down. The team was near to get avalanched in one place also. :shock: http://oes.blackyak.co.kr/

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Oh is waiting for a good weather window. It's hoped that she could reach Annapurna's summit on tuesday. Edurne will reach Sisha Pangma's ABC (5600 m) that day. How will be the weather there :?:

Isn't it exciting :?:

LinTheDjinn

by LinTheDjinn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48 am

Diego Sahagún wrote:Isn't it exciting :?:

No the race is not exciting. It is stupid. To read about climbing and follow the feats is exciting. To climb is very exciting :twisted: :!: Edurne Pasaban have now put her self in a winning position. If Oh Eun-sun climbs Annapurna before she climb Shishapangma she can say Oh Eun-sun did not reach the Kangchenjunga summit.

LinTheDjinn

by LinTheDjinn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:43 am

Spain media is as stupid as the Korean. Now they are very interested in Kangchenjunga last year. And Edurne Pasaban is very innocent.
"I just mentioned the subject, but never expected it to be published, because we had always doubted that summit claim but media never seemed to be interested," Edurne told ExplorersWeb from Tibet today. "Suddenly though, media find it extremely important, and the news is all over Spain."
Edurne Pasaban also visited Elizabeth Hawley before she traveled to Annapurna. She maybe just mentioned the subject to Elizabeth Hawley also? She is SO INNOCENT!
"I am confused. Had I known this so-called race was going to be such a mess, I would have thought twice before getting involved,"
Edurne Pasaban is racing. Oh Eun-sun is also but she has courage to say she is.

Karrar Haidri

by Karrar Haidri » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:02 am

Annapurna: final summit push in spiking wind

http://explorersweb.com/everest_k2/news.php?id=19290

Diego Sahagún

by Diego Sahagún » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 am

LinTheDjinn wrote:Spain media is as stupid as the Korean. Now they are very interested in Kangchenjunga last year. And Edurne Pasaban is very innocent.
"I just mentioned the subject, but never expected it to be published, because we had always doubted that summit claim but media never seemed to be interested," Edurne told ExplorersWeb from Tibet today. "Suddenly though, media find it extremely important, and the news is all over Spain."
Edurne Pasaban also visited Elizabeth Hawley before she traveled to Annapurna. She maybe just mentioned the subject to Elizabeth Hawley also? She is SO INNOCENT!
"I am confused. Had I known this so-called race was going to be such a mess, I would have thought twice before getting involved,"
Edurne Pasaban is racing. Oh Eun-sun is also but she has courage to say she is.

Lin, I don't have any doubts that if Oh reaches Annapurna's summit Edurne will be one of the first on congratulating her. There are many stupid people in this world of mountaineering as in the whole society. If you could read Edurne's site you wouldn't find any thought of her about Oh's tricks. They've also been friendly on Annapurna BC. Pasaban is still on CB (5200 m) and will continue to ACB on wednesday because of a delay with the hiring yaks.

Reflexiones desde Nyalam (Tibet)

Cy Kaicener

No woman has scaled 14 8000ers

by Cy Kaicener » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Oh Eun Sun summits Annapurna -- She has done it
http://www.explorersweb.com/everest_k2/ ... p?id=19294

PreviousNext

Return to News