Can You 'Bored,' The Backside of a Bear?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Lolli

by Lolli » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Cool! Looks like you had a good day!

welle

by welle » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 pm

looks pretty flat - but I'll take it, beats the day in the office!

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Looks like a great time. I'm sure you were going faster than it looks. Video always seems to slow down stuff like this.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Dingus Milktoast wrote:
Hot and Welle? Come on out some time and it will be my pleasure to show you those runs in person!

Hmmm...I might have to take you up on that some day...

:D

welle

by welle » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Dingus Milktoast wrote:Hmmm, speed and steepness... don't convey well. But this vid (and the back side of Bear) aren't about speed and steeps. Sometimes I think we all forget that rock climbing isn't just about 5.13 and skiing isn't just speed and steeps. Nawmean?

The back side of Bear, for us, is about fun cruising in the trees, our trees, with uncut or mostly uncut pow all day long. Intermediate runs and trees, that's the back side venue.

Bear has x2 Black steeps too.... but I don't be holding my digital camera in my hand for x2 blacks, lol!

When skiing with naked camera... the cameraman MUST NOT FALL.

Hot and Welle? Come on out some time and it will be my pleasure to show you those runs in person!

Squishy... Sony Movie Maker.

DMT

DMT, I'm just bitchin because 70-80 degree temps here out East put kaput on our snow season prematurely, even the Tux is not looking good. Your video looks sweet - I'm all about untouched lines in the trees and no liftlines, while most folk probably are killing each other at the lifts for steeper lines just to find them all skied out...

John Duffield

by John Duffield » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 pm

welle wrote:
Dingus Milktoast wrote:Hmmm, speed and steepness... don't convey well. But this vid (and the back side of Bear) aren't about speed and steeps. Sometimes I think we all forget that rock climbing isn't just about 5.13 and skiing isn't just speed and steeps. Nawmean?

The back side of Bear, for us, is about fun cruising in the trees, our trees, with uncut or mostly uncut pow all day long. Intermediate runs and trees, that's the back side venue.

Bear has x2 Black steeps too.... but I don't be holding my digital camera in my hand for x2 blacks, lol!

When skiing with naked camera... the cameraman MUST NOT FALL.

Squishy... Sony Movie Maker.

DMT

DMT, I'm just bitchin because 70-80 degree temps here out East put kaput on our snow season prematurely, even the Tux is not looking good. Your video looks sweet - I'm all about untouched lines in the trees and no liftlines, while most folk probably are killing each other at the lifts for steeper lines just to find them all skied out...

I too liked the vid.
There is nothing like a Western Bark Sandwich.

Return to General