Chamonix hiking/scrambling - November

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
TacticalScout

Chamonix hiking/scrambling - November

by TacticalScout » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 am

Hi all!

I will most likely be in Chamonix sometime mid-November. I was hoping to do some scrambling in the area.
I've been to Cham before during the ski season, so not sure what the conditions are like in November.

I would quite like a bit of a challenge and would be happy to use crampons/ice axe, however, ideally no ropes. I was also hoping to do it solo (unless I can find a group to tag along to, of course).

Now, I've read about Mont Blanc du Tacul. I've heard that it's not a very technically challenging peak, and that it's possible to do in a day trip from Aiguille du Midi.
My question is (and feel free to stop me right there), what is the risk of crevasses like, and is it possible to do solo?
If Mont Blanc du Tacul is not possible, perhaps someone can recommend some other routes?

Many thanks!

no avatar
TacticalScout

Re: Chamonix hiking/scrambling - November

by TacticalScout » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:51 pm

So I just realised that the Aiguille du Midi cable car is closed from November to mid-December. There goes my idea of doing Tacul!
Any other ideas are still welcome though

Return to Europe