Finger Problems

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.
mills

Finger Problems

by mills » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I have been going to the climbing gym for the past 15/20 yrs, on my last couple of visits I have had really painfull finger soreness on all digits, last week I went to Spain for some sport climbing and did not suffer any pain !

Has any of S/P members had or have this problem ? I would be greatful for any feedback as I cant go to the gym anymore. :(

mills.

mills

by mills » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 pm

`BUMP` guess nobody`s had any finger problems then ! :?

norco17

by norco17 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Friend of mine popped the tendons in his hand bouldering in the gym.

It started hurting him almost every time he climbed for a couple months. He went and climbed denali and when he got back was feelimg good. Started in the gym and after an hour he quit because it started to hurt. The next day same thing so he quit. He was talking to some people and someone asked for beta on a route he showed him the moves and when he transfered his weight to that hand there was a loud pop. And he fell to the pad. People talking near where he was climbing turned around when they heard his hand pop. He went and saw his doctor was told to go see a surgeon. The surgeon said they shouldn't have to operate but he has to take it really easy for a year. He is still climbing but almost no bouldering. He is a fairly big guy and I vaguely remember hearing from another person that they don't do alot of boldering because it hurts there hands.

Maybe just take it easy for awhile and have a doc check it out?

mstender

by mstender » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 pm

norco17 wrote:He went and climbed denali and when he got back was feelimg good.

...or go and climb Denali :lol:

jordansahls

by jordansahls » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 pm

sounds like you may have finger pully strains. Anyway, here is a great resource on handling all climbing hand/arm related injuries.

Climbing Injuries

Return to Technique and Training