How to Keep Your Feet Warm in the Winter

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Fabrice.Rimlinger

peripheral circulation

by Fabrice.Rimlinger » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi,

regarding peripheral circulation, I once met a guy who used chili pepper powder. This powder irritates the skin and provoques extra peripheral circulation. Anybody tried it ?

Wet feet being the main issue, I recommend a product called ephydrol. Containing camphre and formol, it stops excessive sweting and nasty odors,great stuff, especially when you travel like Dario and I, with only one pair of shoes.

saludos

jimnylander

by jimnylander » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:48 pm

It seems really simple but make sure you keep very hydrated. Water is the key to good circulation and regulating your bodies temperature. Drink a hell of a lot of water and try not to party the night before. You can have the most top of the line gear but if your dehydrated nothing is going to help.

radson

by radson » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:12 pm

Im not a fan of overboots at all. Crampons dont seem to fit as snug on them. I lost a crampon halfway on summit day of Ama Dablam and was so lucky to retrieve it. I concede fastening the crampon badly to the overboot was my fault but with overboots there is more to go wrong than fastening a crampon to a normal sole.

Previous

Return to South America