It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:32 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

What's New Asia: 2006

A new year, a new approach for "What's New Asia", thanks a lot to <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/mountains/user_link.pl/user_id/570"><b>* Nelson</b> </a> for having done a great job in 2005. The idea of this thread is to bring under a wider attention of Summitpost members/visitors new contributions about Asian mountains and everything that is related to it.
We will try our utter best, in between our extensive roaming of the peaks, to filter out as much as possible ourselves, ...
Read more : What's New Asia: 2006 | Views : 3780 | Replies : 10

NE China - Changbai Shan / White Rock Peak in Jan 2006

hi, does anyone know anything about winter climbing White Rock Peak, Changbai Shan in North east China (on the North Korean border) at this time of year? Furthermore, is anyone interested to climb it this month Jan 2006? Probably flying into Yanji is the fastest approach. Regards.
Read more : NE China - Changbai Shan / White Rock Peak in Jan 2006 | Views : 2815 | Replies : 9

Ararat - current situation?

Hi!

Anybody been to Ararat recently? How is the permit and bureaucracy situation at the moment?

I am especially interested in the routes from the North.

Other question - I have an Armenian Visa from last year in my passport - is it adviceable to send the ID info of my second (no stamps in it) passport when applying for a permit?

Cheers,
Peter
Read more : Ararat - current situation? | Views : 1951 | Replies : 4

The First High Mountain Rescue Team of China

December 12, 2005, Chengdu, China

The project to build the first Chinese mountain rescue team, Sichuan Mountaineering Rescue Team was kicked off yesterday. Sichuan Mountaineering Association will coordinate future rescue missions. Due to scarce competent climbers in China, let alone professional mountain rescuers, such missions have always been and will be executed mostly by volunteer climbers. But, with the first team of this kind under the guidance of official mountaineering association, we can expect faster ...
Read more : The First High Mountain Rescue Team of China | Views : 3695 | Replies : 3

Exact Location Data

Where does one get exact location data?

By comparing location of Everest, K2, Broad Peak on summit post and www.adventurestats.com I found every coordinate is different.

Which one is correct?

Where can one verify the correct coordinates?
Read more : Exact Location Data | Views : 1173 | Replies : 1

Japan

Hello. I'm new here. Anybody active hiking in Japan? I've done a lot of summer stuff in the Japan Alps (did Kita Dake in September). I'm especially interested to know if anyone had done any climbing in the Spring/Autumn. I really want to get into more 'serious' climbing - I'm saving to do a ten day mountaineering course in New Zealand next year. Anyway if anyone's about it would be nice to hear from you. ...
Read more : Japan | Views : 3854 | Replies : 10

Looking for climbing info on Samdain Kangsang

This mountain is located in central Tibet and is mentioned on the <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/1091">Nyainqentanglha Feng</a> page.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bill
Read more : Looking for climbing info on Samdain Kangsang | Views : 1414 | Replies : 1

suggestion for a first him' trip in may

Hi All
Anyone got any suggestion for a good first trip to the himalayan mountains.
I've climbed a fair bit in a the alps, have got good rope skills, spent heaps of time on glaciers and consider my self to be of above average fitness, happy on low grade rock routes but really looking for more of a classic alpine style climb, but a bit of scrambling always makes it fun !
I'm well equiped ...
Read more : suggestion for a first him' trip in may | Views : 1452 | Replies : 3

Christmas break - alpine stuff

Hi,
i am free during 23Dec-3Jan and looking for partners and a project (alpine stuff, 3000-6000m alt preferably). I am interested in something technical - not snow plodding- and with a quick approach so we can actually spend the time climbing (preferably light and fast).

Available in China or somewhere else around China.

Looking forward to hearing from interested parties.
Cheers,
Cosmin
Read more : Christmas break - alpine stuff | Views : 897 | Replies : 0

Climbing Mardi Himal / Korchon and Chyanglung

Hi,

1. Has anybody been (recently) to these peaks? Any info would be appreciated.

2. I am currently in Pokhara and would like to visit these in about a week`s time. Anybody interested in joining?

thanks
Michael
Read more : Climbing Mardi Himal / Korchon and Chyanglung | Views : 1227 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557980 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136489