It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:57 am

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Buying Mountain Hardwear EV2 in Honolulu

Hi,

I am going to be in Honolulu next week, I know its an odd place but does anyone know were I can get a EV2. I am coming from Sydney and that is the only place I will be in the states.

Thanks

Rob
Read more : Buying Mountain Hardwear EV2 in Honolulu | Views : 1938 | Replies : 5

Reccomendations for a new synthetic fill sleeping bag.

So It's time to get a new sleeping bag. My old one is worn out, and the funk just never seems to get washed out anymore. Plus it's been shedding down for years, I doubt the fill is anywhere near what it was new 15 years ago

I am looking to replace it with a Synthetic bag, rated to 0ºF temps.
I had been looking at the Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina. But, I seem to have ...
Read more : Reccomendations for a new synthetic fill sleeping bag. | Views : 2526 | Replies : 6

OR Customer Service is Excellent

Hi, I just would like to comment about a positive experience I recently had with Outdoor Research customer service.

I recently purchased a OR jacket online as a bday gift to myself but when I received it I didnt like the color too much but though it was ok but my GF just hated it. I hung it up in my closet thinking oh well, its a great jacket, who cares about the color right? ...
Read more : OR Customer Service is Excellent | Views : 1220 | Replies : 1

Western Mountaineering Ion parka feedback

Looking for a little feedback on this parka that WM discontinued. I have the chance to pick up an unsued one for cheap but have not much info on it.
Read more : Western Mountaineering Ion parka feedback | Views : 3125 | Replies : 0

FS: Arcteryx Gamma MX Jacket

Men's Size Large - Black
No sign of wear, like new condition.

Retail $325 (however you can find it online in some sizes for $160-$200)

Yours: $89.00 + shipping

Please email me if interested: rmodelli@comcast.net

Ideal for dynamic backcountry activities in mixed weather conditions, this softshell jacket is engineered to provide elemental protection with high levels of breathability and mobility. Able to resist wind, shed moisture and breathe during ...
Read more : FS: Arcteryx Gamma MX Jacket | Views : 3033 | Replies : 2

100 meter ropes

100m or 120m x 7.5, 8.0, or 8.5mm is actually a somewhat popular rope choice for long routes or alpine routes, usually in places that are known to have lots of rope snagging rappells.

It would be pretty dumb to have a 9.5 or 10.0 long rope. With half or twin technique it makes sense, sometimes.
Read more : 100 meter ropes | Views : 3850 | Replies : 3

cordelette length

What do you use for a cordelette length? Assuming you are using it for equalizing an anchor (2 points), what do you usually leave the house with? I know it depends on some factors, but a safe bet if I was going to get some cord? Diameter of 7mm? Thx
Read more : cordelette length | Views : 29584 | Replies : 10

Boots for Denali

I am in the process of coming up with a gear list for things I will need for Denali 2010 and I am at a quandary as to what boots I should use.

I have a pair of old >10yrs koflach double boots that i thought I could maybe pair with some 40 below overboots. first question...would this be sufficient enough? I have been eying the spatniks for a while now and really like what ...
Read more : Boots for Denali | Views : 12867 | Replies : 18

FS: Black Diamond Cyborgs

I've tried listing them here for a while, but now they're on ebay. Hope someone scores a good deal!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Diamond-Cybor ... 2ea95aaeb2
Read more : FS: Black Diamond Cyborgs | Views : 1302 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136471