It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:49 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Ouray Ice Park opening 12/12

A week earlier than usual. Sounds as if conditions are good in the SW. Ames Ice Hose is in top to bottom. South Mineral super fat and crowded.
Read more : Ouray Ice Park opening 12/12 | Views : 1677 | Replies : 1

Lists of John

Interview with John Kirk, who created the amazing Lists of John peakbagging website: http://coloradomountainjournal.com/?p=366.
Read more : Lists of John | Views : 2992 | Replies : 3

Weminuche image orientation, location

Hi Fellow Climbers/Trekkers,

I found this image in a Colorado calendar many years ago, and it reminded me of being in the high country. Beautiful flowers, gorgeous mountains. I don't think it said where in the mountains it was, but I felt pretty sure the picture was of the San Juans. The page/picture has been tacked on my dining room wall for many years.

Somewhere along the way, I came across one of my ...
Read more : Weminuche image orientation, location | Views : 1585 | Replies : 3

Best couloirs in may??

ok, so i am gonna make my vacation destination the 14ers this may. in your humbe opinion, what are the best 14ers with cool couloirs in may?

i know i may need to resurect this thread a couple times over the next few months, but i am getting way stoked over crashin' at my mom's house in ft collins and climbin' the 14's

(whadaslacka!!!!)
Read more : Best couloirs in may?? | Views : 2213 | Replies : 10

CO Highest 100 (quiz)

Thought I would share this here as well, how many can you name in Colorado's Highest 100?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/transplant/cohigh100
Read more : CO Highest 100 (quiz) | Views : 10276 | Replies : 33

Winter mountaineering routes

Wanted to get some input on some classic mountaineering routes in Colorado from everyone. Have three days off next week with a friend, trying to think outside the box of the usual stomping grounds. Looking for a easy/moderate route...something to plug some gear into, any suggestions...located in Denver, less driving better than more, what would you go climb if you had three days off next week?
Read more : Winter mountaineering routes | Views : 1860 | Replies : 2

Denver Options

I'll be in the Denver area from 12/11-12/14 and was hoping to get some recommendations for outdoor fun. It doesn't seem like there will be much snow on the mountains by that time so I doubt skiing would be a good possibility. Are the 14ers or other peaks still doable at this point or are conditions awful now? I've heard some ice climbing routes are open or coming in, so that might be an option ...
Read more : Denver Options | Views : 2599 | Replies : 4

Mountains between Tennessee and Fremont Passes:-which range?

Does anyone know which range the line of mountains between Highway 91 and Highway 24 belongs to?

The Tenmile and Mosquito Ranges are east of Highway 91 and the Sawatch is west of Highway 24, but what are all the mountains between called?
Read more : Mountains between Tennessee and Fremont Passes:-which range? | Views : 1194 | Replies : 3

Lincoln Falls is IN

Get thee out and swing thine tools. A lot of sweetness has taken place in the span of a week:

The approach has filled in, and has been upgraded to low-grade crappy thanks to the last snowfall

The low angle section of the main gully has filled in nicely

Upper section is fatter and lots-o-fun

Curtain to right of the main gully is nicely formed
Read more : Lincoln Falls is IN | Views : 1769 | Replies : 3

Got some time December 18-20?

I'll be in the Denver area for work December 14-17, and can stay over the weekend if I can find a partner for ice/skiing/mountaineering. Anybody got some time and interest?
Read more : Got some time December 18-20? | Views : 2290 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557965 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136443