It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:53 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Summit quiz #5 - Habicht/Pleisenspitze

Ok, here we go again. As the previous ones, this one is not too difficult, since the mountain is quite popular.
What is the name of the snowy mountain in the center of the photo (not the rocky one in front)? From where did I take the shot?

Link to image page (including higher resolution).
Read more : Summit quiz #5 - Habicht/Pleisenspitze | Views : 5126 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Europe

hiking in Chamonix area

Hi:
I will be traveling 2 Chamonix in Sept and was wondering what are good day hikes that I can do from the village. I will be spending abt 5 days and was interested in multiple day hikes starting from the village early in the morning and ending in the village at night.

I am new to the area so details would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Read more : hiking in Chamonix area | Views : 4115 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Europe

Summit quiz #4 - answer Guffert & Brauneck

It's not my turn, but I have a good one. I think! :) Not to easy and not hard.

Two questions:
1) What is the big summit in the middle?
2) Where do I stand?

Hints: Look at the summits right and left of the mountain in the middle. I think they are well known and will lead you to the answer.

Please give me the checksum ...
Read more : Summit quiz #4 - answer Guffert & Brauneck | Views : 2900 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Europe

Alps in October?

My fiancee Harmony and I are getting married in October and we had thought we would go to Italy for our honeymoon. As plans are beginning to take shape, we thought what if we spent our times traveling the Alps rather than a lot of historic sites.

We are hikers not skiers, so we are curious what the hiking conditions are like in the Alps during mid-to-late October. Would we be better off visiting the ...
Read more : Alps in October? | Views : 11336 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Europe

Summit quiz #3 - answer: Cima Tosa

Since I solved Nr. 2 (even Sebastian knew it before, but didn't solve it) here's a new one. As you can see it's in the dolomites mountain, but where?

http://www.summitpost.org/image/421518/ ... uiz-3.html

A hint: it's very popular, but not so much from this perspective. Mathias might know it because ...
Read more : Summit quiz #3 - answer: Cima Tosa | Views : 4089 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Europe

Lodging in Zurich for 1 night

Can anyone recommend a hostel (or similar cheap lodging) to stay one night in Zurich? Preferably this hostel would be near the main train station. I'd need to take a train from Zurich to Chamonix. Thanks.

--Miguel
Read more : Lodging in Zurich for 1 night | Views : 1094 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Apartments available in Chamonix

I'm renting out 2 apartments in Chamonix for the summer and autumn, weekly or monthly.
One is 70m2, suitable for 5 people, 270€/week or 900€/month, located in Chamonix center. The other one is 30m2, ok to live 4 people in for 200€ per week or 700€ per month, just by the Aguille du Midi lift in Chamonix Sud. If you're just staying for a few nights we can figure out a price for that too. ...
Read more : Apartments available in Chamonix | Views : 645 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Summit quiz #02 - answer Daniel

Here is another summit quiz. A bit more difficult than the previous one. Therefore a little hint:
The photo has been taken on the way to the highest mountain of its group. Which mountain is it?

Link to image page here on SP
Read more : Summit quiz #02 - answer Daniel | Views : 4210 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Europe

Summit quiz #01 - answer "Grossglockner"

There is a forum in Germany and Austria called Gipfelquiz = summit quiz

I think it's a nice idea and it makes a lot of fun.

1) If you think you have the right answer, DON'T tell the name of the mountain.
2) Give the checksum of the altidude plus the last number of altidude.

For example: If you are thinking the picture is taken from Mattehorn 4.478

say "23/8" (checksum 4+4+7+8=23 plus 8 last ...
Read more : Summit quiz #01 - answer "Grossglockner" | Views : 4083 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557964 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136439