It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Why does the "parent" of a page not show up someti

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug? I listed the Alpine Lakes Wilderness as a parent to many of my Mountains and Rocks. But in some cases, when I view my list of Mountains and Rocks, the parent doesn't show up next to some mountains (like most recently, West Granite Mountain), while in other cases, it does. Yet when I bring up the West Granite Mountain page, it shows it to be ...
Read more : Why does the "parent" of a page not show up someti | Views : 2253 | Replies : 5

Feature: Route wishlist?

I don't really know a good catchy name for this suggestion.

I think it would be cool if people could mark either routes, or objects (peaks, etc) as something they "want to do". The idea behind this is partner finding.

Obviously, many popular mountains/routes/etc may be old news for seasoned SPers. Partner calls, or forum posts for the nose, petit grepon, whitney, rainer, etc, would be tiresome for them. But obviously there are many budding ...
Read more : Feature: Route wishlist? | Views : 1064 | Replies : 0

Recent Forum Posts

What about having “Recent Forum Posts” on the front page linking to the last post instead of the first?
Read more : Recent Forum Posts | Views : 1879 | Replies : 7

What's New?

The Facts Sheets don't appear on What's New?
There's a empty slot at the end, beside New Huts & Campgrounds. Could they be there?
Read more : What's New? | Views : 602 | Replies : 1

Alabama Hills Pages.....What A Mess!

Ok, seeing how the response from some page owners have either been ignored or brushed off, I'm asking the elves to help "clean up" the overall order of things for the Alabama Hills AREA. I'm seeing ROCKS (ie walls, formations etc) within the Alabama Hills listed as "routes" (???) and formations listed as being identified as something other than the rocks with the AREA.

Area & Ranges = Alabama Hills
Mountain & Rocks = The ...
Read more : Alabama Hills Pages.....What A Mess! | Views : 6324 | Replies : 5

Forum search

I'm trying to re-find a link I posted a long time ago in the forum thread Polish Team (now "PL-SK-CZ-H Team", related to peak Roszutec) and I'm realizing how solving a technical issue could be useful in long forum threads. The Forum search shows that my keywords do belong to the forum thread but doesn't show which of the 54 pages contain it. I started to browse them one by one but it's fastidious.
Read more : Forum search | Views : 2404 | Replies : 2

SP emails

I received an email message from a new SP user (seems pretty legit), and tried to reply, but the 'From:' header was "SummitPost.org <no-reply@summitpost.org>". What's up with that ??

I guess I could just look up his username and send him a PM, but that seems kind of unwieldy. Anyway, thought someone in the code department might want to know :)
Read more : SP emails | Views : 4466 | Replies : 20

What happened to .... Moved:

When moving a topic from one forum to another, there is an option to leave a "shadow" in the current forum, which looks like - "Moved: ..."
For whatever reason, this feature is not working as it used to and the "Moved:" tag is disappearing for most of the moved threads. I have sent a note to Matt to see if he can explain/fix it, but in the meantime, please be aware that this is ...
Read more : What happened to .... Moved: | Views : 4630 | Replies : 14

where is

OK, the aim is not to know why, who's fault... I don't want to know.
One of our most prolific contributors has disappeared. He had produced a very valuable content about his part of the Slovenian Alps. Is his work gone for ever ?
I will deeply regret his photos and all the pages he wrote. What a loss of knowledge for SP :( Whatever is the ...
Read more : where is | Views : 5387 | Replies : 32

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136406