It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Mauricio Fernandez & Jose Edwards

If anyone ever gets to meet Mauricio or Jose...treat them like demi gods...

~Swifty
Read more : Mauricio Fernandez & Jose Edwards | Views : 2104 | Replies : 0

PERU - Stove fuel available?

Help! I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Peru and wanted to find out what, if any, stove fuel will be available in Cuzco. If any one knows, please post your response.
Read more : PERU - Stove fuel available? | Views : 3613 | Replies : 4

Aconcagua - Jan 2007

For the sake of conversation, who plans to be on the mountain in Jan 2007? My teammates and I will be in-country Jan 2-20.

This last January seemed to have great SP representation - I wonder how this year will compare.
Read more : Aconcagua - Jan 2007 | Views : 11103 | Replies : 48

Alpamayo

:arrow: A while back I reported that I had heard that conditions on Alpamayo were dangerous last year and that guide agencies were not climbing it for that reason. I've recently heard from people in Huaraz and they say that the route is supposed to be in good shape this year. They say that the mountains have gotten a good bit of snow in recent weeks so ...
Read more : Alpamayo | Views : 4477 | Replies : 3

Mercedario - November 2006

Want to go climbing in Argentina without mixing with the crowds or mess of Aconcagua?

Looking for partners to join a small group heading into the Mercedario region (Valle Del Colorado) with the objectives so far being:

Tech climbing
Mercedario via South Face
Pico Polaco via North Face or South Ridge
Cerro Negro via Southern Couloir

Non Tech
Cerrro Ramada
Cerro Alma Negra - Cerro La Mesa (combination)

Dates: Entire month of November 2006
Costs ...
Read more : Mercedario - November 2006 | Views : 1953 | Replies : 6

Partner Needed -- Peru -- July 28-Aug 6

I'll be available for 9 days of climbing in the Cordillera Blanca after my partner goes home to NY on July 28. I will have already been in Peru for 5 weeks at that point and will be fit and acclimatized. I'm looking to find someone (also acclimatized) to climb with during this time for any alpine routes up to grade D+. I don't have intentions to do Alpamayo with my partner from NY, so ...
Read more : Partner Needed -- Peru -- July 28-Aug 6 | Views : 832 | Replies : 0

Rock climbing around La Paz

Any cragging to be had around La Paz?
Read more : Rock climbing around La Paz | Views : 1712 | Replies : 1

Storing climbing gear in Peru?

If I went to Peru and wanted to climb a bit in the Cordilleras (i.e. having ice tools, boots, crampons, 4 season tent etc.) and then wanted to stay a bit longer and do some more "touristy" travelling (e.g. Machu Piccu), what would you suggest I do with the climbing gear? Are there any safe storage options in Huaraz, Lima or somewhere else? I would also have the same question about Ecuador and Chile... Any ...
Read more : Storing climbing gear in Peru? | Views : 6165 | Replies : 6

Bolivia Political Questions

Is anyone canceling trips to Bolivia due to South America political conflicts?
Read more : Bolivia Political Questions | Views : 803 | Replies : 0

Boliva partner July 5-25

Two gringos and I will be climbing a number of peaks in Bolivia from June 16-July 5 at which time said two gringos will be flying back home. My flight is not until the 25th of July and I'd like to do some more climbing while I'm down there. If anyone is interested send me a pm.
Read more : Boliva partner July 5-25 | Views : 671 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557978 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136481