It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:04 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Cedar City Ice

anybody been there lately and can provide ice conditions? how's Hidden Haven?

thanks,
Kevin
Read more : Cedar City Ice | Views : 1367 | Replies : 0

Kings Peak backcountry ideas

Planning a 3-4 day loop in the Kings Peak area for summer. I hear that Henrys Fork gets a little crowded. Is this still the best TH for Kings? Also, has anyone traversed from Emmons to Kings? It looks do-able on the map, but want to know if anyone has done so successfully. Other good areas nearby that would offer similar terrain?
Read more : Kings Peak backcountry ideas | Views : 3673 | Replies : 6

tushar backcountry skiing

Thinking about going to the tushar's next weekend for spring break. camp out for a night or two. I have Tyson Bradley's book, but just thought I'd see the opinion of the crowd for the nice lines and maybe a good camping location.
Read more : tushar backcountry skiing | Views : 3901 | Replies : 5

Easy/Moderate winter hike near SLC

Hi,

I have a free day on a trip next week and was looking for some suggestions. I am staying in Draper and I will have a car. Looking for something easy/moderate (6-10 miles, 3000', 4-6 hours) that will keep me out of areas with high avi danger. I can bring snow shoes and/or crampons/ice axe if needed. Mt. Olympus looked pretty interesting. Any suggestions/routes would be great. Doesn't even need to be a peak, ...
Read more : Easy/Moderate winter hike near SLC | Views : 8214 | Replies : 4

Ice climbing in Logan????

There is some guy who claims that there is a 100' ice route in logan canyon. He says that it is farmed from an aqueduct above it, but that was in 2002. Has anyone heard about or climbed this route????
Read more : Ice climbing in Logan???? | Views : 4133 | Replies : 5

Current wasatch ice conditions

Does anyone know the current condition of the ice routes in the wasatch mountains, specifically little cottonwood, and stairway to heaven. I just got into ice climbing this winter, and want to go out one more time before the seasons' over.
Read more : Current wasatch ice conditions | Views : 2505 | Replies : 3

Zion Narrows in March

Im headed down to Zion in mid March and I want to hike the narrows from top to bottom spending a night in the canyon if possible.

Has anyone done this in March and if so what was your experience? Any info is greatly appreciated. I realize that conditions change.

Also if you have any other recommendations for things to do that would be great. I am planning on spending about a weeks time in ...
Read more : Zion Narrows in March | Views : 40925 | Replies : 76

Thoughts on Brian Head Ski Resort

May have the opportunity to go skiing up there, so I was curious on what the SP folks that have been there have to say about it. Its 437 miles away from me here in SoCal, so just trying to get some input on if its worth the drive and all.

Also, ideas on where I can do some commando (read-dirtbag) camping around the area, as I will not be able to afford some cushy ...
Read more : Thoughts on Brian Head Ski Resort | Views : 4619 | Replies : 10

Moab area day trips

Hi all,

I am planning a trip with my girlfriend to the eastern Utah desert in March. We will have about 5-6 days. Ideally, we would like to see both Arches and Canyonlands. I am looking for suggestions on good destinations within a day's hiking distance. Long hikes - 10-15 miles round trip or so - are OK. Also, any advice on a good, strategically-located spot to set up base camp would be really appreciated. ...
Read more : Moab area day trips | Views : 19313 | Replies : 17

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136471