Weather

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
lcarreau

by lcarreau » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:50 am

That was the entire point of the picture.

We're living in an age where the messenger is prettier than the message.

:wink:

cbcbd

by cbcbd » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:22 pm

The weather is great here in the Summer. From June-August Seattle on average gets less daily precip than NE states (especially this year since the NE just had a miserable rainy summer). Checking the weather was just something I didn't do this summer. And even if you do get some precip, it won't be for a whole week. But yeah, if you are looking for the absolute best good weather window then late July/early August is it, but I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

RE: Oregon Coast - there are many state park campgrounds along the coast. I would suggest making reservations down there in the summer or else it might be a gamble - the campgrounds along the coast fill up well, especially the popular ones.

dskoon

by dskoon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

What he says is true, especially in regards to the campgrounds on the coast. Weekends are crazy busy in the summer, so pretty much forget about it unless you have a reservation. During the week might be a bit different, though still, you'd better arrive very early if you don't have a reservation. Plan accordingly.

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)