What sucks about AZ

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.
MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Bob Burd wrote:It's not like the collection agency is going to have any better luck collecting from me than the city of Phoenix did.

The collection agency can have a negative influence on your credit rating.

In many states, simply missing a court date leads to an arrest warrant; I'm actually surprised that's not pushed in AZ.

Augie Medina

by Augie Medina » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 pm

MoapaPk wrote:The collection agency can have a negative influence on your credit rating.

True. Check to see if the unpaid citation is on one of your free annual credit reports in a few months. And you may get a letter or call from the collection agency. What the long arm of the law won't do to collect $181!

surgent

by surgent » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Mountain Impulse wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:The collection agency can have a negative influence on your credit rating.

True. Check to see if the unpaid citation is on one of your free annual credit reports in a few months. And you may get a letter or call from the collection agency. What the long arm of the law won't do to collect $181!

Just keep doing what you can do so that when you finally pay, they've spent more money on you than they collected. That's how to get back at the Man.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:49 am

Mountain Impulse wrote:

Luckily I don't have to worry what it does to my credit score. And as long as it doesn't affect my National Parks Pass renewal, I'm good. :D

Wandering Sole Images

by Wandering Sole Images » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 pm

brianhughes wrote:When I was in Switzerland, I recall somebody telling me that the fines for speeding tickets over there are based on a person's income. Guess they figure the more you can afford, the more you should have to pay.

In a way, there's a similar system here... although it's an informal one. When I drove a brand new truck, I got a ticket every single time a cop saw me going as much as 12-13 km over the speed limit (10 km over is when they start ticketing you. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for <10km over the speed limit). Nowadays, when I'm driving a '92 mini-van (I drive a mini-van? Ugh, what happened to my spine??!) I've never once got a ticket in the same situation. I'd imagine it's similar anywhere... young guy, new vehicle---> ticket.

surgent

by surgent » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 pm

If you drive a more obvious vehicle, you'll likely catch the eye of the trooper. They're human too. They're gonna see the nice looking trucks or sporty vehicles first, just like the rest of us. Minivans just don't have that eye-catching appeal.

Similarly, if you want to speed a little, find someone going about the speed you want to go and get in behind them, but not so close as to make it obvious. Never get in behind the fastest person.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Re: What sucks about AZ

by Bob Burd » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:06 am

The dreaded Collection Agency has been unleashed. The fine has now increased to $348. Near as I can tell from all the legal mumbo-jumbo, they're recommending that I don't seek employment in AZ nor play the lottery there.

no avatar
aqua

by aqua » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 am

Pay the fine, end of the crime. My question is why have you not payed the ticket? The late charges will only make the fine more and more as time goes on.

Augie Medina

by Augie Medina » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 am

Bob Burd wrote:The dreaded Collection Agency has been unleashed. The fine has now increased to $348. Near as I can tell from all the legal mumbo-jumbo, they're recommending that I don't seek employment in AZ nor play the lottery there.

Now the question is whether AZ has some procedure whereby they file a small claims action against you to get a judgment.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 am

FortMental wrote:Doesn't matter. At this point, I wouldn't pay. Let 'em come for you with a SWAT team and the evening news helicopter. Hold off those assholes with a bic lighter and a can of WD40.

As far as I'm concerned the entire state can ram red hot re-bar up its ass.... and rinse with a habanero enema.

+1

:lol:

Noondueler

by Noondueler » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:06 am

I rolled through a red on 19th ave. in S.F. 5 years ago. Cop pulled me over and issued. I thought it might be kinda high. What I got in the mail was a ticket for $1,077 AND SOME CHANGE. I thought I read it wrong, thought they printed an extra 7 on there but ...it was no joke! I figured the city was havin' a cash flow prob. and wanted me to share it.
Luckily I was elligible for traffic school and after school and 2 personal appearances at the mighty Hall of Justice Building in the beautiful City by the Bay I managed to get outa the whole thing for less than 3 bills.

surgent

by surgent » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:17 pm

FortMental wrote:I fucking hate Ari-fucking-Zona. The only dumb-shit state with a Z in it. Other than Missouri. The worse thing about living in New Mexico is being sandwiched between the dickheads in A frikkin' Zee and the ass-tards in Tee fucking Ex. Arizona is the only state that makes Texas look like a state populated by physically fit caring honor students.

Who the fuck lives in a state where cold tap water comes out of the faucet warmer than fresh piss? Who can live in state where the only ski area makes snow out of raw sewage? And what the fuck is an Arizona Cardinal, anyway? There'a a bird that hasn't been seen in Arizona in, what, 165,000 years? If ever! And who the fuck ever thought up Evan Mecham? And then elected him governor?

You know....that's why God created the Colorado Plateau: to flush Arizona into the Mexican piss pot otherwise known as El Golfo De California. He just didn't think it would take so long....

THAT is what sucks about Arizona.

Don't forget our lovely blue skies.

By the way, stay away from Tempe for awhile. I've been dinged with two spurious camera tickets in the last month.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:14 pm

FortMental wrote:I fucking hate Ari-fucking-Zona.

I sense that you are holding back. Don't keep your anger inside, it will eat you up. As they say in AZ, por amor viviremos.

Andinistaloco

by Andinistaloco » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:38 pm

FortMental wrote:I fucking hate Ari-fucking-Zona. The only dumb-shit state with a Z in it. Other than Missouri. The worse thing about living in New Mexico is being sandwiched between the dickheads in A frikkin' Zee and the ass-tards in Tee fucking Ex. Arizona is the only state that makes Texas look like a state populated by physically fit caring honor students.

Who the fuck lives in a state where cold tap water comes out of the faucet warmer than fresh piss? Who can live in state where the only ski area makes snow out of raw sewage? And what the fuck is an Arizona Cardinal, anyway? There'a a bird that hasn't been seen in Arizona in, what, 165,000 years? If ever! And who the fuck ever thought up Evan Mecham? And then elected him governor?

You know....that's why God created the Colorado Plateau: to flush Arizona into the Mexican piss pot otherwise known as El Golfo De California. He just didn't think it would take so long....

THAT is what sucks about Arizona.

Yeah well, at least Arizona is the actual name of an AMERICAN STATE. It's not another country with "New" tacked onto the front of it. What kind of shitheads live in a state that can't even have an American name? Golly gee, why don't they name their state "New Puerto Rico" or "New Cuba" or something. Why do those New Mexican jackasses hate America so much? I bet they're just a bunch of terrorists, except they're too stupid to achieve any real terror. Or they keep it in their own shithole of a state, which'd be why New Mex is the #2 state for crime these days. Or maybe they just spend all their time at the fabulous New Mexico National Parks! Oh wait, I'm sorry... the only one New Mexico has is Wonderful Carlsbad Caverns, the mighty cave with the tour and the built-in snack bar. No wonder those turds are always over here visiting the Arizona parks, since this state actually has some good ones. But I sure wish those terrorist criminals would stay over there instead!

Take that! :D

The following user would like to thank Andinistaloco for this post
Alex Wood, John Duffield

Andinistaloco

by Andinistaloco » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:27 am

FortMental wrote:At a SP gathering, I overheard these three guys talking about how stupid their wives were. One guys, from California, says, "My wife is so stupid that she filled the fridge with meat she bought because it was on sale. And we're all frikkin' vegetarians!"

That's nothing, said the SPer from Texas. "Last month, my old lady filled the back of the pickup truck with free books....and she can't even read!"

"You guys are lucky", said the SPer from Arizona. My wife is so stupid that when she went to a convention in Albuquerque, she filled her suitcase with condoms! And she ain't even got no dick."

Why, I oughta....
Last edited by Andinistaloco on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)