Climb for Chris

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
MarthaP

Climb for Chris

by MarthaP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 am

Hi,

I know this is pretty short-notice, but then death has no bounds.

If anyone is available on Thanksgiving Day to go on a memorial hike for Chris, I think it'd be a great testament to his influence.

I don't know what funeral plans are for the family - I can't imagine a worse time to deal with this - but I'll bet anything that Chris would appreciate a mountain fare-thee-well, especially on a day when we can be grateful for all we have.

Let me know if you're interested and we can do something honorable for an honorable guy. I sure plan to.

martha@marthaperantoni.com
303-709-1581

The following user would like to thank MarthaP for this post
chicagotransplant, Kiefer, skorpeo

Alpinist

Re: Climb for Chris

by Alpinist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Nice thought Martha. Wish I lived closer...

mountainjunkie

by mountainjunkie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I unfortunately can't make it on Thanksgiving. I did contact the AAC and they said they are trying to organize an event to remember Chris in early December. I don't have any details yet though.

I can shift some plans to do a memorial hike Friday, Saturday or Sunday if there is any flexibility. Chris definitely deserves something honorable.

astrobassman

by astrobassman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 pm

I would like to participate in a climb for Chris. I will be unavailable this weekend, but please keep me in the loop if the AAC plans something for December. Chris does deserve something honorable.

chicagotransplant

by chicagotransplant » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:56 pm

I too would not be able to make something on Thanksgiving Day, but keep us all posted to any AAC memorial climb, I would like to join that if I can. Thanks!

mountainjunkie

by mountainjunkie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm

The AAC is planning a gathering (not a climb) at the mountaineering center on December 9th. They said they will be sending out formal announcements to all Front Range AAC members, and posting it on their website.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 am

Hi, all,

Thanks for the posts - I'm up for anything any time, just felt a huge need to try to get something together sooner rather than later. Still reeling and didn't want any more time to pass without some kind of acknowledgement.

I'll definitely be at the AAC memorial and perhaps there we can figure out a day/time/route that would be suitable and available to all. We'll make this happen.

rush

by rush » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:00 am

I would like to join this as well. Keep me posted on dates and times.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:52 am

For those who might be able to attend the AAC celebration on the 9th, perhaps we can all huddle and come up with some options for a memorial hike. We can then post something here and on 14ers.com to keep this celebration going.

skorpeo

by skorpeo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:13 am

Martha, I did not know Chris. From the many posts he will be missed. My family does a hike every Thanksgiving while our turkey cooks. This year we will be thinking of him.

Chris Brobin

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:23 am

Chris - thanks, and what a thoughtful thing to do! Have fun on your hike tomorrow and know that Chris P and all his loved ones will be right there with you.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 am

Haven't given up on this idea - lots of people committed to family and holiday gatherings. Let's wait until after the first of the year then plan a simple hike in RMNP. Thanks to astrobassman for this idea.

All have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Martha

Return to Colorado