Bolivia visa requirements

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
MyFeetHurt

Bolivia visa requirements

by MyFeetHurt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 am

I'm hopefully heading to Bolivia to climb illimani in late July. I am finding a lot of mixed information on visa requirements for a US citizen. Does anyone have any first hand information? My plan is to fly into La Paz, and I would then enter Peru the week before, so I'd have to re-enter Bolivia before the climb. Not sure if that makes a difference. Do I really need vaccination papers and a photo? Can this be obtained ahead of time, as the climb is only 6 weeks away? Also, has anyone used Bolivian Journey mountain guides, I am signed up with them, so hopefully they are okay? Thanks!

Woodie Hopper

Re: Bolivia visa requirements

by Woodie Hopper » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 am

Bolivian visa for US citizens is $135 and is good for 5 years. If you enter via La Paz airport, vaccinations will not be needed to enter. I'm not sure if vaccinations are required if you enter at the border. You just need a passport and the cash to enter. When you leave the country from the airport, you will need to pay $25 in cash for the tourist tax.

Andinista

Re: Bolivia visa requirements

by Andinista » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

In Peru is not neccesary vaccinations, cheers and anjoy the mountains.

Return to South America