Lenin & Khan Tengri Logistics

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
kevin trieu

Lenin & Khan Tengri Logistics

by kevin trieu » Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello,

Any recommendation on companies that can provide logistic for airport pickup from Bishkek Airport to hotel in Bishkek then transport to Lenin BC. Followed by transport back to Bishkek then transfer and flight to Khan Tengri BC? Team of four only looking for logistics and maybe basic BC service.

Thanks,
Kevin

mjp20k

Re: Lenin & Khan Tengri Logistics

by mjp20k » Mon May 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Kevin,

I'm using Ak-Sai Travel (http://www.ak-sai.com/) for my Peak Lenin expedition this summer. They are providing the airport pickup in Bishkek, internal flight to Osh, and transport to Lenin BC (and of course the reverse at the end of the trip). Their website also indicates they provide services for Khan Tengri, so I would think they could handle everything you need.

I've been really pleased with their professionalism and prompt responses; I'd recommend them highly based on what I've experienced so far.

They are coordinating internal permits as well as transfers, so I don't really have to worry about anything other than climbing the peak.

I'll be there the first three weeks of August.

Matt

Damien Gildea

Re: Lenin & Khan Tengri Logistics

by Damien Gildea » Tue May 28, 2013 6:20 am

Ak-Sai are good, I used them last year. Note that I summited around 20th August and was one of the last to do so. Things were shutting down as I was leaving, BC tents packing up etc.

Photos at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 900&type=3

Return to Asia