Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 pm

The problem is always there. It doesn't come and go. It's just that I can't seem to repeat it and no one can give me conditions under which it happens to them so that I can debug it.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby ZeeJay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 pm

I forgot to sign in and tried to add an image to an existing page. I think the way it used to be is that you weren't even given the option, but now under contribute you can click on add route, image, trip report, and album even when not signed in. It lets you enter stuff and when you click submit you get a not very useful error message such as

replace_object() INSERT INTO `objects` SET `object_id`=NULL,`type_id`=3,`last_edit`=NOW(),`creation`=NOW(),`last_edit_user_id`=NULL,`created_user_id`=NULL,`construction`='No',`object_name`='Island Mountain',`latitude`='40.1409',`longitude`='-111.1101',`tags`='Skiing',`object_body_nft`='Island Mountain (8140\') is located in the southeast corner of Strawberry Reservoir. Rainbow Point is sitting in front of it. This is the last little strip of land before the ice. It\'s only .47 miles across the water to Rainbow Point. This picture was taken due west of the SW corner of Rainbow Point. February-12-2013',`object_body_ft`=NULL,`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0,`query_name`='Island Mountain' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `object_id`=NULL,`type_id`=3,`last_edit`=NOW(),`creation`=NOW(),`last_edit_user_id`=NULL,`created_user_id`=NULL,`construction`='No',`object_name`='Island Mountain',`latitude`='40.1409',`longitude`='-111.1101',`tags`='Skiing',`object_body_nft`='Island Mountain (8140\') is located in the southeast corner of Strawberry Reservoir. Rainbow Point is sitting in front of it. This is the last little strip of land before the ice. It\'s only .47 miles across the water to Rainbow Point. This picture was taken due west of the SW corner of Rainbow Point. February-12-2013',`object_body_ft`=NULL,`is_primary_photo_user_set`=0,`query_name`='Island Mountain' failed: DB Error: constraint violation

Ideally, you shouldn't be given the option of contributing if you aren't signed in, or at the very least be given a more useful message such as "You need to sign in first."
ZeeJay

The following user would like to thank ZeeJay for this post
Montana Matt

Postby rgg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:35 pm

An Addition/Correction to a page will show up in the Comments on the What's New page. However, when I just clicked on one, the link didn't bring me to the relevant Addition/Correction, but to the Comments for the page!
rgg

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 pm

rgg wrote:An Addition/Correction to a page will show up in the Comments on the What's New page. However, when I just clicked on one, the link didn't bring me to the relevant Addition/Correction, but to the Comments for the page!

Interesting. I'll track that down and fix it.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:40 pm

ZeeJay wrote:Ideally, you shouldn't be given the option of contributing if you aren't signed in, or at the very least be given a more useful message such as "You need to sign in first."

Thanks for pointing this out. Indeed, you used to be redirected to login when attempting to create or edit a page. I just changed it so this is the case again.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

The following user would like to thank Montana Matt for this post
ZeeJay

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:57 pm

rgg wrote:An Addition/Correction to a page will show up in the Comments on the What's New page.

Not any more :)
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:22 pm

The old editor no longer displays a map. :( I think this happened when you swapped from Google Maps API 2 to 3. So could you bring it in for the old editor?
Josh Lewis

Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States

Postby pjc30943 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:39 pm

I can't post a new topic in Gear...clicking "New Topic" takes me to my profile page. Making a New topic in all other forums works fine.
pjc30943

Postby Josh Lewis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Have you tried logging out and back in?
Josh Lewis

Postby Bob Sihler » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 am

pjc30943 wrote:I can't post a new topic in Gear...clicking "New Topic" takes me to my profile page. Making a New topic in all other forums works fine.

Try it now. I reset your permissions for Gear. In theory, you should be good to go.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

Postby pjc30943 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:09 am

Thank you, that seemed to work. Interesting that that forum was the only one affected.
pjc30943

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Matt,

I'm not sure if you read the Elf Inbox or not, but here part of one of the latest messages:

There is a glitch in the website, for the past 3/4? month I have been getting email notifications everytime what seems to be ANY forum is updated and I can't make it stop. I click on the hyperlink and it just takes me to my profile page.

Thankyou,

mountainanchor
Scott

Postby mrchad9 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Scott wrote:Matt,

I'm not sure if you read the Elf Inbox or not, but here part of one of the latest messages:

There is a glitch in the website, for the past 3/4? month I have been getting email notifications everytime what seems to be ANY forum is updated and I can't make it stop. I click on the hyperlink and it just takes me to my profile page.

Thankyou,

mountainanchor

I sent him a reply already.
mrchad9

Postby Josh Lewis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 am

I sent you a pm giving you details about how to potentially fix this and/or questions to give us clues on addressing this issue. Perhaps your subscribed to threads as well?
Josh Lewis

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback