Pizzo di Farno

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.98551°N / 9.85748°E
Additional Information County: Val Brembana
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 8221 ft / 2506 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pizzo di Farno is one of many summits situated between Val Brembana and Val Seriana.
This wide area almost circular, is known for several small lakes, all of them around placed around 2000 meters.

The most famous of them are the Laghi Gemelli, wherefrom the shape of Pizzo di Farno is reflected. Besides this summit, the most important are: Monte Pradella (2626m), Monte Cabianca (2601m) and Pizzo del Becco (2507m).

These mountain are mostly climbed only from local people due to theyr low altitude, and also they are devoid of climbing interest, except few icefalls in winter or for skimoutaineering. But in lowseason they are plenty of wilderness and beautiful views as this photos show.

The summit of Pizzo di Farno...

Getting and there

The easyest way for reach this place is coming from upper Val Brembana.
The nearest village are: Branzi(path n.212), or Carona(path n.211).

From the motorway A4 Milano-Venezia, take the gate of "Dalmine". From here take the road that crosses the entire Val Brembana untill its end.
For who want to get from Valcanale, From the motorway A4 get the gate "Bergamo" and than take the indication to "Val Seriana".

The "Laghi Gemelli" hut,is the best point where take time and start every ascents to the summits around. This refuge can be reached also from Valcanale (path n.220), wherefrom also start the "Alta via delle Orobie".

View to south-east Sunrise beyond the Prealpi Bergamasche


Refuge Laghi Gemelli is the first stage of this route. From every place you start to walk up, the lenght of time is around 2 or 3 hours. If you watch the Pizzo di Farno from the hut, it's look a piramyd, but from the summit start a ridge to east direction, till the summit of Monte Pradella. This is a route probably very nice to do in winter with good snow condition.
I've personally climbed the first of those summit in january, without ski.
So i suggest to go trough this area only on ski. The big ammount of singolar summit, permit to choose a lot of different routes more or less difficult.

Laghi Gemelli. The icey Laghi Gemelli


Refuges

Refuge Laghi Gemelli 1961m:
Tel.035471212
From Carona path 211 - 3hours
From Branzi path 212 - 3hours
From Roncobello path 215-2hours

Refuge Alpe Corte 1410m:
Tel.034633267
From Valcanale path 220 - hours
From Zorzone path 231 - 4hours

Refuge F.lli Calvi 2015m:
Tel.024577047
From Carona path 210 - 3hours
From Gromo path 233 - 4hours

Refuge Lago Cernello 1956m:
Tel.034643215
From Fiumenero path 227 - 4 hours



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Alpi OrobieMountains & Rocks