Pröllweg

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.04180°N / 13.01590°E
Additional Information Route Type: walk-up, via ferrata
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: middle
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Salzburg drive highway A10, later main road 311 towards Zell am See. In Taxenbach turn left towards Rauris/Raurisertal. Later through Wörth to the end of public road. Here begins the toll road (9 euro or Salzburger Land card), which you can pass by the post bus. You must leave your car at parking Lenzanger, later a short trip by bus, to Kolm Saigurn (the road from Lenzanger parking to Kolm Saigurn is open for public transport and inhabitants only).

Route Description


In Kolm Saigurn (1596 m) go by post bus to the end of its line, at Ammererhof (or get there on foot). Then take the marked route "Arnoweg" to Niedersachsenhaus (2472 m), which is situated in the south ridge. Here begins the nice trail (red marked, good visible path) over the long ridge. You go through Riffelhöhe (2694 m) and Neunerkogel (with summit cross, 2827 m), to the Herzog-Ernst-Spitze (2933 m). On the way you find some steel ropes in most difficult places. Later on east ridge with some small steps and one wall to the summit. The division from Herzog-Ernst-Spitze to the summit is partially secured by steel cable and artificial steps (like via ferrata).

Essential Gear


Via ferrata equipment reccomended. Gloves, sun- and wind protection.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SchareckRoutes