Red Hill Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.75580°N / 71.4584°W
Additional Information Route Type: Class 1(Walk-Up)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA THE RED HILL: From Route 25 in Center Harbor (coming from the west) make a left on Bean Road. Head up the road roughly a mile and a half and then take a right on Sibley Rd. Head a mile and make a left at another sign. The trail (old jeep road) will be on your right.

Route Description

A picture from the summit of...


Red Hill Trail
1.7 miles one way
Elevation Gain: 1350 ft.


The first route The Red Hill is a 1.7 mile Class 1 trail, which contain a moderate and steady pitch to the top. It is a steeper old jeep road that goes to the summit. Though there are no real steep or rocky sections like the Main Trail on Mt. Major or the Mt. Percival, the Red Hill is very consistent in pitch and never becomes gradual until the summit. There is a spring that has been piped on your left roughly a mile up.



Essential Gear

In summer no technical gear is required. In winter snowshoes are required on this trail. Pack crampons just in case the trail is icier that expected.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Red HillRoutes