The Eagle Cliff Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.75580°N / 71.4584°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1-2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA EAGLE CLIFF TRAIL: From Route 25 in Center Harbor (coming from the west) make a left on Bean Road. The trail will be on your right about 5 miles. You will pass the Moultonboro-Sandwich town line about a half mile before reaching the trail.

Route Description

A picture from the summit of...


The Eagle Cliff Trail
Distance: 2.6 miles
Elevation Gain: 1650 ft.


This trail begins going through a field before entering the woods. It quickly becomes steep and tricky as it ascends up a ledge (caution dangerous when icy or wet) to Eagle Cliff. At about 0.6 mile it reaches Eagle Cliff. The trail at that point moderates and continues it moderate climb to the summit. It reachs the the Red Hill Trail just before the summit.

Essential Gear

In summer no technical gear is needed. However use caution if wet due to the fact sections on this trail are rocky, steep and exposed.

In winter crampons and trekking poles are a nessesity. Though it looks goofy, an ice axe isn't a bad idea for the more exposed sections.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Red HillRoutes