RPC's Alpine Lakes Wilderness Climbs

RPC's Alpine Lakes Wilderness Climbs

Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Additional Information Object Type: Custom List

The "Why?"

Serpentine RidgeDragontail Peak

Southeast RidgeMount Daniel

East RidgeIngalls Peak

Backbone Ridge With Fin DirectDragontail Peak

The idea behind this page is to try and organize our old submissions to SP. This particular list will include climbs we've done in the portion of the North Cascades of Washington from (roughly) the US2 in the north and I90 to the south. This means stuff from the Enchantments, parts of Leavenworth, Snoqualmie Pass, etc...

Yes, I have some time on my hands.

Snow Creek Wall - Orbit (5.8+)

Orbit
Snow Creek Wall

Trip Report. A nice route that we had to work for back in the day. Not as good as Outer Space next door but close...
Beta Pages:
Snow Creek Wall
Orbit

Snow Creek Wall - Outer Space (5.9)

Outer Space
Outer Space

Photo Album. A great route! I recall doing this one after bailing from Stuart's North Ridge...forgot the helmut too.
Beta Pages:
Snow Creek Wall
Outer Space

Prusik Peak - West Ridge (5.7)

West Ridge
West Ridge

Trip Report. One of our earliest routes. We climbed it car to car via Snow Lakes Trail and it was quite a long day for us. I think the final pitch on the summit block was a non-standard variation. A fun, memorable outing!
Beta Pages:
Prusik Peak
West Ridge

Prusik Peak - Stanley-Burgner (5.9)

South Face, Stanley-Burgner
South Face, Stanley-Burgner

Photo Album. This time we went and got the permit - luxurious 2 day outing but I remember running short on food on this one...Great route though!
Beta Pages:
Prusik Peak
South Face, Stanley-Burgner

Mount Stuart - North Ridge Ridge (5.9)

North Ridge
North Ridge

Photo Album. Deservedly classic! Most of the climbing is low 5th class but the ambiance and the ridge are very memorable! I recall that we started too early from a camp below Ingalls Lake and so we huddled and slept at Goat Pass for an hour or two waiting for dawn :) Only unpleasantness of the day was the hike down Cascadian Couloir...what a loose, nasty shitpile!
Beta Pages:
Mount Stuart
North Ridge

Dragontail Peak - Serpentine Ridge (5.8)

Serpentine Ridge
Serpentine Ridge

Photo Album. We had plans for Backbone Ridge but scaled them back as I wasn't feeling all that great. Shirley felt awesome though, flying high on poison oak medication and a red bull! We came back the following season for Backbone (better line IMHO). Car to car to avoid the permit hassles (& the boredom that usually follows a short approach to camp...for us anyway).
Beta Pages:
Dragontail Peak
Serpentine Ridge

Dragontail Peak - Backbone Ridge With Fin Direct (5.9)

Backbone Ridge With Fin Direct
Backbone Ridge With Fin Direct

Trip Report. Couple weekends after Serpentine, we came back and got a permit to camp at Colchuck Lake...well, after getting to camp before lunchtime and emptying a bottle of wine as well as getting some swimming in, we just did not feel like climbing in the morning. Hiked out. Came back the following summer & did it car to car (an approach that seems to keep laziness at bay).
Beta Pages:
Dragontail Peak
Backbone Ridge With Fin Direct

Ingalls Peak - South Ridge (5.6)

South Ridge
South Ridge

Photo Album. A very nice route! We climbed with our friend Andrew. I recall shitty weather & many groups of Mounties but if you got the time, get a number and get in line...
Beta Pages:
Ingalls Peak
South Ridge

Ingalls Peak - East Ridge (5.6)

East Ridge
East Ridge

Photo Album. We climbed it after bailing off North Ridge of Stuart. Forgettable climbing but stellar position and views! I think climbingwise, the South Ridge is more fun.
Beta Pages:
Ingalls Peak
East Ridge

Mount Daniel - Southeast Ridge (scramble)

Southeast Ridge
Southeast Ridge

Photo Album. A fun family outing! Shirley, Blondie & I hiked and scrambled to the top with a bivy at Peggys Pond. Amazing views!
Beta Pages:
Mount Daniel
Southeast Ridge

Mount Thomson - West Ridge (5.6)

West Ridge
West Ridge

Photo Album. Shirley's recovery climb after a partially torn achilles tendon was mostly mended. As a welcome back to the hills gift, she got tagged by a bee (yellowjacket?) on the hike in.
Beta Pages:
Mount Thomson
West Ridge

The Tooth - South Face (5.5)

We climbed with our friend Andrew after doing South Ridge of Ingalls the day prior. I recall shitty weather & many groups of Mounties.
Beta Pages:
The Tooth
South Face

Snow Creek Wall - Remorse (5.8)

The idea was to link this into Outer Space but it started to rain before we reached the tree ledge...so we rapped. By the way, this is the Remorse Variation as I think Remorse is actually a full-length route (that we did NOT do).
Beta Pages:
Snow Creek Wall
Remorse (Variation)


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.