|[ Sizes: Orig | Large | Med | Small | Thumb ]|
The Milling and Smelting Co. claimed mining rights in the North Fork of Kennedy Creek drainage (now Otatso Creek) in the early 1900's. A miner by the name of John Van Pelt resided in this cabin, located in a beautiful meadow west of Slide Lake. Gable Mountain is on the right. The park service closed an open abandoned mine shaft less than one mile west of this site in 2010.
June 16, 2012