Ruta Normal (via acueducto y manantiales

Ruta Normal (via acueducto y manantiales

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 19.25000°N / 98.43°W
Additional Information Route Type: hike/scramble
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Hike up with some class II scrambling
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To get to the base of the climb take a bus from the terminal in Texcoco out to San Pablo and get off where the bus route ends (45 mins)... the driver can give you directions after that... you simply have to follow an old cobblestone road that doubles back on itself and then turns into a dusty road that bisects farmer's fields.

Route Description


The key to the route from San Pablo is to follow the aquaduct the entire way up to manantiales where it opens up into a broad valley that Tlaloc shares with Telapon. The aquaduct climbs up beside a steep rock strewn hard packed trail (similar to what you might find in the Dacks).
Then it opens up onto a grassy high plateua before winding its way past a dam and into the forest where it eventually emerges onto the valley floor.
From the valley floor it diappears underground and if you head due north towards the left side of Tlaloc there is an obvious opening that marks the route that you can follow to the top... there is no actual trail but if you keep to the left of the summit as you climb right at its wetsern terminus or hike towards its rocky sub ridge that runs up the north side where it connects with the western terminus of the summit ridge you will be fine. It is a straight forward hike with little in the way of difficulties to encounter.

Essential Gear


Rigid boots, a walking stick or poles. lots of sunscreen, warm weather gear and rain gear and lots of water... the spring is good but only as you approach where it finally goes underground.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.