Sahale Glacier, One Day

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 48.49140°N / 121.0378°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 14, 2004
My Son and I left the parking lot at 7:30AM for Cascade Pass and eventially Sahale Summit. We found a half dozen goats at Cascade Pass about 9:30AM. We were on the summit at 3:00PM. We are not fast, but found the pace doable. The trail is in excellent condition and it was a very nice day. My Son climbed right up the southeast ridge unroped, but I don't recommend it. I climbed the south face half way up and asked him to toss the rope down to tie into. We enjoyed some time on top, trying to name the various peaks and guess where the fires south were. Thunder was heard frequently, so we descended to Glacier. We were back to the car at 7:00PM. I highly recommend this climb for its awesome beauty with minimal risks. Unless you just want to overnight it, one day climb is great. You have to get a permit to camp and you are only 1,000feet from the summit anyway, so a one day climb here is very attractive. We did run into Ranger Jane checking permits! We just told here we were on our way out, one day!

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Sahale MountainTrip Reports