Seventh Lake, east ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.14300°N / 118.529°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scamble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: long hike/scramble
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Turn west off 395 in Big Pine at the sign for Big Pine Creek ( glacier lodge road) drive up to the end of the road. There is a small parking lot with a restroom available here. Or if this lot is full or you are doing a overnighter there is a parking lot back up the road near the pack station.

Route Description


Hike up the North Fork Trail heading towards a waterfall that you can see in the distance. Keep on hiking up the trail torwards 1st lake, then 2nd lake then 3rd lake and so on till you get to 7th lake. Its roughly about 6 miles one way to 7th lake. Clouripper is right in front of you when you get to 7th lake looking north. Head cross country for the obvious low point east of Cloudrippers peak. Once you get to the top of the low point on the ridge head to your left following the ridge till you come to a semi flat area, you will see a peak to the north and a pass that drops down to green lake. Thats not Cloudripper,Cloudripper is on your left,climb the sandy or snowy slope(depending on what time of year it is)climb up the slope then follow the rock slabs and boulders till you get to the highest one.There was a sierra club summitt register tucked away here when I did this route.

Essential Gear


This is a long hike if you do it as a dayhike, around 14 miles roundtrip so be prepaired! If its early season you might need a ice axe and crampons. R.J. Secor author of The High Sierra rates this as a class 1 hike, I think it is a class2. There is no trail from 7th lake and certainly isnt a walk up. There isnt anything technical about it, its just a long hike with some scrambling.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.