CoraxKarakoram!

Corax

I've been waiting for this page. Already very good.
How's Ben after being hit by the rock?
Posted Oct 4, 2006 10:43 pm

BigLeeRe: Karakoram!

BigLee

Hole in the leg has gone now although it's left a nice scar!
Posted Oct 5, 2006 2:30 pm

Damien GildeaHmmm

Damien Gildea

Big,
SW was climbed by the E face in 1999, though I know what you mean by rumours etc. I know who climbed it, but he is currently out of contact in Tibet and I don't want to speak for him under these circumstances. Corax probably knows who I mean. Anway, there is a good reason the FA is not well known and I will email the guy to see if he wants to tell the story later. I should note that the Germans have been pretty dishonest in a lot of this, though again that's another (related) story. They actually followed the route of FA - because they knew about it beforehand.

Also, the fact that locals don't know any history of climbing there means f#ck all, as it does in many places, but especially in Pakistan. Heaps has been done 'illegally' with or without locals involved. You know yourself just how many peaks are within a short walk from the road.

Edit: Sorry ! Forgot to say, otherwise a really good page, thanks for posting it :-) !

D
Posted Oct 5, 2006 1:50 pm

CoraxRe: Hmmm

Corax

The person you talk about Damien, is he in climbing this area now?
If that's the case, I know who you mean.
Posted Oct 5, 2006 4:42 pm

Damien GildeaRe: Hmmm

Damien Gildea

si !
Posted Oct 6, 2006 12:25 am

BigLeeRe: Hmmm

BigLee

Right, have updated the first ascent details. Let me know if I've got it wrong ;) It seems the guy does want to tell the story as it's in this months CLIMB magazine! No doubt got pissed off with all the claims on the Salawa sight.
Posted Oct 21, 2006 4:00 pm