Sierra Nevada Comments

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Gabriele Roth

Gabriele Roth - Feb 28, 2006 5:08 pm - Voted 9/10

Good Job

now, for the first time, I can understand something about Californian ranges

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Mar 1, 2006 3:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice job so far

Hmmm, I see what you mean. I didn't expand my screen to the widest mode until you mentioned that. Your suggestion did the trick - thanks!

Matt Worster

Matt Worster - Mar 15, 2006 8:14 pm - Voted 10/10

dang, dude . . .

that's a lot of work. Nice result.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Mar 15, 2006 9:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: dang, dude . . .

Thanks. I've been using it as my sandbox to learn Javascript/DHTML. Not as much fun as peakbagging, but it keeps me out of trouble... :-)

RyanS

RyanS - Aug 9, 2006 9:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: dang, dude . . .

I've been using it as my sandbox to learn Javascript/DHTML.

Is this how you got the sections to collapse/expand?

A most impressive page; great job!

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Aug 16, 2006 9:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: dang, dude . . .

yep

JasonH

JasonH - Mar 25, 2006 6:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Job!

This is very fitting page to an awesome range.

Corax

Corax - Jun 7, 2006 10:22 am - Voted 10/10

Yes

I'm not very familiar with many parts of the US and therefore a page like this one works wonders. I can clearly see how to get to certain areas with the help of the maps on this page.

For me it's many times a problem to find out how to get to certain peaks without consulting other sources on the www.
A "take I-90 south for 16 miles, turn right onto 3600 etc" description doesn't help much, when the rest of the info only tells me which state the peak is located in.

kwag

kwag - May 19, 2007 5:50 pm - Voted 10/10

taxonomy

I just made a page for the Kaiser Wilderness. Its one of the three small wildernesses in the Sierra NF... The other wildernesses are Dinkey Lakes and Monarch. Should a sub area/range encompass all three? they are all under 50,000 acres... not as large as Ansel Adams or John Muir, but they still have great peaks in all three.

Overall, great page. the maps of access roads are awesome. Its a pretty massive task to explain the Sierra Nevada.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - May 23, 2007 9:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: taxonomy

There's also a 4th region - Jennie Lakes Wilderness. I don't have a strong opinion that these smaller regions should or should not be combined. There's certainly nothing wrong with them being individual pages. Each of these areas is still larger than other wilderness areas found throughout the country - they look small next to the massive John Muir, Yosemite, and SEKI Wildernesses. Thanks for adding the new pages. Looks like I'll need to update the links to point to these on this page.

physics

physics - Nov 1, 2009 8:54 am - Hasn't voted

super useful

This is an example of a very well-done page. The seasonal information for road closures in the "getting there" section was exactly what I was trying to find. And the maps are some of the most informative custom made images I have seen on SP.

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Sierra Nevada' main page