Sierra Nevada Comments

Gabriele RothGood Job

Gabriele Roth

now, for the first time, I can understand something about Californian ranges
Posted Feb 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Gangolf HaubNice job so far

Gangolf Haub

Excellent maps though they come out weird on my wide screen. The second map, which starts in the access section, is put to the left of the first map. The Overview text is not long enough to completely wrap around the first map. You could put both maps in a table which you could align to the right.
Posted Mar 1, 2006 12:42 pm

Bob BurdRe: Nice job so far

Bob Burd

Hmmm, I see what you mean. I didn't expand my screen to the widest mode until you mentioned that. Your suggestion did the trick - thanks!
Posted Mar 1, 2006 3:21 pm

Matt Worsterdang, dude . . .

Matt Worster

that's a lot of work. Nice result.
Posted Mar 15, 2006 8:14 pm

Bob BurdRe: dang, dude . . .

Bob Burd

Thanks. I've been using it as my sandbox to learn Javascript/DHTML. Not as much fun as peakbagging, but it keeps me out of trouble... :-)
Posted Mar 15, 2006 9:36 pm

RyanSRe: dang, dude . . .

RyanS

I've been using it as my sandbox to learn Javascript/DHTML.

Is this how you got the sections to collapse/expand?

A most impressive page; great job!
Posted Aug 9, 2006 9:33 pm

Bob BurdRe: dang, dude . . .

Bob Burd

yep
Posted Aug 16, 2006 9:30 pm

JasonHGreat Job!

JasonH

This is very fitting page to an awesome range.
Posted Mar 25, 2006 6:47 pm

CoraxYes

Corax

I'm not very familiar with many parts of the US and therefore a page like this one works wonders. I can clearly see how to get to certain areas with the help of the maps on this page.

For me it's many times a problem to find out how to get to certain peaks without consulting other sources on the www.
A "take I-90 south for 16 miles, turn right onto 3600 etc" description doesn't help much, when the rest of the info only tells me which state the peak is located in.
Posted Jun 7, 2006 10:22 am

kwagtaxonomy

kwag

I just made a page for the Kaiser Wilderness. Its one of the three small wildernesses in the Sierra NF... The other wildernesses are Dinkey Lakes and Monarch. Should a sub area/range encompass all three? they are all under 50,000 acres... not as large as Ansel Adams or John Muir, but they still have great peaks in all three.

Overall, great page. the maps of access roads are awesome. Its a pretty massive task to explain the Sierra Nevada.
Posted May 19, 2007 5:50 pm

Bob BurdRe: taxonomy

Bob Burd

There's also a 4th region - Jennie Lakes Wilderness. I don't have a strong opinion that these smaller regions should or should not be combined. There's certainly nothing wrong with them being individual pages. Each of these areas is still larger than other wilderness areas found throughout the country - they look small next to the massive John Muir, Yosemite, and SEKI Wildernesses. Thanks for adding the new pages. Looks like I'll need to update the links to point to these on this page.
Posted May 23, 2007 9:55 am

Bubba SuessPage score...

Bubba Suess

Why is this page's score so low? With that many votes, it ought to be much higher. I noticed that the first few votes were 8 or 9, but there have still been enough 10's to bring the score up higher. I think it ought to be.
Posted Feb 3, 2009 6:18 pm

physicssuper useful

physics

This is an example of a very well-done page. The seasonal information for road closures in the "getting there" section was exactly what I was trying to find. And the maps are some of the most informative custom made images I have seen on SP.
Posted Nov 1, 2009 8:54 am