Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 40.78430°N / 106.7211°W
Additional Information County: Routt
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8440 ft / 2573 m

Overview

The Slavonia trailhead provides the closest access the the Mount Zirkel Wilderness and much of the Routt National Forest around the wilderness. Parking and forest information are available at the trailhead. Camping is also nearby; see the Little Agnes page's Camping Section.

Getting There

From Steamboat Springs, CO. Take Routt County Road 129, also known as Elk River Road, north towards the towns of Clark and Hahns Peak. Drive for approximately 17 miles to the town of Clark. (Check out the General Store at Clark, they have maps posted on the blowdown and fires). Just after the town of Clark, turn right onto FR 400, aka Seedhouse Road, at the town of Glen Eden. To reach Slavonia, continue on FR 400 from Glen Eden to the end of the road. There is a trailhead and parking there.

Table of Contents
Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Park RangeTrailheads
 
Mount ZirkelTrailheads