Southern Iceland

Southern Iceland

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Southwest, south, and south east coastal areas of Iceland

This album is dedicated to showing our experiences from our trip to Iceland in June of 2007.

Things we noticed...

Despite lots of hype we read about, Icelandic coffee is terrible. The seafood is great. The people are great, too. A lot of the other "staples" aren't so good. We found the cheapest places to buy food was at these tiny little grocery stores, strangely located in little malls and such. Icelanders also enjoy strange flavors (like paprika + everything else), which isn't too tasty. We were only able to use credit cards and Kronur cash, despite reading that most places would accept Euros and US Dollars.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
JohnMcPike

JohnMcPike - Jul 13, 2007 11:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Cool Album

Hope to get to Iceland someday

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Jul 16, 2007 11:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Cool Album

Thank you. I'll add some more good pics soon. I highly recommend going, but it can be pricey! Probably worth it, though, especially once you get out of Reyjkavik.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 10, 2008 3:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Wonderful album ...

Iceland seems to hold so many surprises. I suppose it
is so much different from Arizona and Colorado!

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful album ...

Actually, it was so varied even on the island itself it blew our minds. It doesn't really compare to anywhere I've been in the US. Really unique and it feels really raw, if you will. The whole country/nation only has 330,000 people. That's the size of a small US city!!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4