Viewing: 1-20 of 20
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Sep 11, 2005 6:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page!

-Britt

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Sep 11, 2005 7:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks good man - lots of info!



IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Sep 11, 2005 11:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very informative page Kane, good job!

Sean

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 11, 2005 11:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane, Klenke, what's the difference, right?

Thanks for the vote, anyway, Montanakid.

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Sep 12, 2005 7:36 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Sorry about that Klenke, both of you guys are such great submitters and ignorance got the best of me there, I hope no offense was taken.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 12, 2005 3:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

No offense taken. Just having fun wichya.

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looking good.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Sep 12, 2005 10:23 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The funs of climbing choss - and Ed was really there? Probably back in his blue peakbagging period.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 12, 2005 3:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Mr. Viesturs is from Seattle and he probably climbed Spider whilst doing the Ptarmigan Traverse. I've actually seen his name in another summit register but I can't remember where that was.

Thanks for voting for this abomination. Just who exactly are these Abomi's and where is their country?

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Sep 12, 2005 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I have no idea who they are but they live near Mt. Sunflower. In the olden days I used to think ole Ed was Dutch. Judging from the name some of his male ancestors must have been.



Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 12, 2005 12:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Let me get this straight, you submit cool mountains like Spider and Formidable and I get things like Salmon Butte?



That's just not right, man. Please arrange to have some pointy 8000 foot mountains moved to the immediate Portland area. Thank you.



Oh, and nice page.

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 12, 2005 3:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Phew, for a second there I thought you were going to demand I go down there and partake in some of your dingleberry mountains. I'll trade you one 8,000-footer for four of your 5,000 footers. That seems like a fair trade.



FYI: I am thinking of doing Unicorn Peak the weekend after next (Sept. 24 or 25). Have you done? Any interest? It's like 1 pitch of Class 5 and easy. I would maybe also amble up High Rock to finish the day.



--Up Yon North Man

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 12, 2005 7:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I did Unicorn and Castle about 3 weeks ago. It's very easy and short but you could always do the exposed 5.7 route to the left of the standard one. Thanks for the invite though. I will be on top of (hopefully) Seven Fingered Jack on the 24th and Maude on the 25th so won't be able to join you. Have fun though.



(Finally! I will be on some 9000 footers while you are on something smaller! Woo hoo!)

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 12, 2005 9:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You did Unicorn and you didn't even invite me? Booo hooo hoooooo!

I guess I'll go be friends with Don then.

I think I was on Elija Ridge three weeks ago, another 2kP peak.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Sep 13, 2005 1:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Sep 15, 2005 9:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done and excellent descriptions. I particularly liked the pic with the cloud darkened peak.



Hey - how about that snow early this week? everything I could see south of Rainier was covered down to the treeline when the clouds parted on Monday and the north side of Hood still had snow down to 6,500' +/- as of Wed. PM.



- don

Klenke

Klenke - Sep 15, 2005 10:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The snow made me not want to go climbing last weekend. I heavily contemplated doing Mt. Stone in the Oly's but wound up playing Frisbee golf instead. This was a good choice as the Oly's were cloud be-decked that day.



This weekend I'm going to Mt. Deception on Saturday and Gray Wolf Ridge (Clallam Cohp) on Sunday. If interested in joining me for one or both of these let me know (I sent you an email to this effect).



Thanks for those four stars.

Dean

Dean - Sep 26, 2005 4:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another good Klenke page. I now pronounce this mountain, "Klenkenized"

Ragu

Ragu - Dec 9, 2005 8:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for putting this page together (along with Formidable). I was thinking of creating the two back in Sept., but just procrastinated.



Truthfully, you've done a much better job than I would have done... more thorough descriptions, and good layout. Thanks!

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Jan 13, 2006 12:32 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the interesting page- I like the labeled summit numbers on the photos.

Viewing: 1-20 of 20
Return to 'Spider Mountain' main page