Rating The Tour
0. General. From 650 m to 2132 m, exposition SW. Below 600 m of light forests, above a steep, broad ravine and an airy summit slope.
1. Effort. 1500 m, 4-5 h for ascent
2. Power. 3 - walk-up with skis and on foot
3. Psyche. 4 - hard. Exposed and steep (ca. 35+ deg.) upper part.
4. Orientation. 3 - medium (to Javornik), above it's easy.
ApproachSee the main page how to reach the Povlje village. In winter and spring we need to park in the village, while in summer and autumn a forrest road ascend some 100 m higher.
From Javornik we follow the valley (ravine) all the time towards the north-east. Orientation is simple, but we need to take care of avalanches. In case of an unstable snow everything goes down into this ravine. Ascending is also steep. We can do it with skins, but higher, we continue with skis on rucksack. So we reach the summit rocks of Storžič. The terrain turns us right and gets even steeper. We are heading towards a small saddle in the SW ridge (the ridge, running on our right).
From the saddle in the SW ridge we ascend towards the summit, but must soon start crossing the slopes on the right, eastern side. These slopes are exposed to the sun, but are very steep. After crossing them, only the last meters to the highest point must be done.
Essential GearThe complete gear for tour skiing. In harder snow crampons and ice axe mandatory!
PDF download- Click to download a suitable A5 printout of this route description in Slovenian language!
- Click to download a suitable A5 printout of this route description in English language!