Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.43000°N / 72.651°W
Additional Information Elevation: 2651 ft / 808 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Located in the bed and breakfast town of Stowe, VT, Stowe Pinancle provides excellent views of Mount Mansfield, Waterbury Reservoir and the Worcester Range.

Slated for residential development, the forests of the northern side of the Pinnacle were purchased by the Stowe Land Trust to protect its integrity and views.

The Stowe Pinnacle can be reached from Upper Hollow Rd in Stowe, Hunger Mountain, or Worcester Mountain. Most visitors begin their hike from Upper Hollow Rd as it is the shortest and easiest route to the top. Stowe Pinnacle is an ideal hike for all ages, but is often crowded on the way up and on the small rocky overlook.

Getting There


To reach Upper Hollow Rd take Vermont 100 to the town of Stowe. In downtown Stowe turn east on School Street. At .3 miles bear right onto Stowe Hollow Rd. As you wind up Stowe Hollow Rd you will reach an intersection. Head straight, as the road becomes Upper Hollow Rd. Upper Hollow Rd crosses a small brook and continues to wind - stay right - and at 2.5 miles from School St you will see a small parking lot on the left hand side of the road.

The lot holds approximately 10 cars, parking is allowed on the side of the road.

Red Tape


There are no permits required. The Stowe Pinnacle Trail is closed from April 15th to Memorial Day due to wet conditions.

When To Climb


Stowe Pinnacle can be climbed in the summer and fall. Avoid Stowe Pinnacle during the spring as the trails are closed due to muddy conditions. To see the fall colors of Vermont be sure to visit Stowe Pinnacle during the first week of October.

Camping


Camping is allowed anywhere in the Green Mountains below 2500 feet. Little River Campgroup is approximtaley 20 minutes South, 3 miles off of US Route 2. Tent camping is $16.

Mountain Conditions


State of Vermont Parks contact:

Vermont Dept. of Forests Parks & Recreation, 103 South Main Street , Waterbury, VT, 05671-0601, Phone: 802-241-3670, parks@fpr.anr.state.vt.us
http://www.state.vt.us/anr/fpr/


Stowe, VT






Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Worcester RangeMountains & Rocks