Summit Creek

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.81470°N / 114.2053°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To access the more commonly used route for Phi Kappa and Summit Creek Peak, drive northeast from Ketchum on Trail Creek road for twelve miles. On the south side of the road, very near the summit, is a large pullout and trailhead for the Summit Creek Trail.

Route Description


Follow the mellow Summit Creek trail for about 4 miles to high mountain pass. From here, Phi Kappa's southeast ridge leads north from the pass. Take this ridge directly to the summit of Phi Kappa. From here, the connecting, northwest running ridge is evident. Follow this to the summit of Summit Creek Peak. It is possible to return from the route you came, but I would suggest taking the steep gully running southwest off the summit. This will save you a few miles and a re-ascent of Phi Kappa Mountain.

Essential Gear


None, this route is very mellow and a great conditioning hike.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.