Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 7, 2003
After a rough night and a little too much Tequila I fell out of bed and hit the road. I got to the Broads Fork trailhead at 9:30 am and started on my way. After a pleasant two miles and about an hour on the trail I hit the (stinky beaver pond) meadow area. Pumped some water and continued up the drainage to the bottom of the scree. Had a bite to eat and started the push up to the saddle between Broads Fork Twins and Sunrise (O’Sullivan). From the saddle I could hear a group of people shouting or maybe yodeling on top of twins, it must have been their success yell. I watered up and started up the first little pitch from the saddle. I stayed on the ridgeline over to the summit of Sunrise even though dropping off to the south is the easier route. After having a bite I noticed it was about 12:40 so I decided to start my decent. Instead of heading all the way back to the Saddle I opted for the last chute before the saddle to start down climbing. This was no problem unless you had a group that was trying to line up down the chute. The rockslides have nowhere to go but straight down the chute. So after half an hour I was back on the scree field hiking back to the base of the scree. I hit the bottom of the scree field around 1:30. As noticed by the time this route was a little more technical than just down climbing the regular route. After a few hundred yards I stopped and pumped some more water and started my trek back to the car. About three miles later I arrived back at the car around 2:30. All in all it was a good day, no blisters from the running down hill and no sunburn.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Sunrise PeakTrip Reports