Super Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 31.69580°N / 110.8483°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The trailhead starts at the north end of the parking area described on the main page.

Route Description


The Super Trail runs 13.5 miles roundtrip from Madera Canyon to the peak of Mount Wrightson. Like the Old Baldy Trail, it is well signed and well maintained. Super is not as steep, but is longer and less popular.

The Super Trail forms a figure 8 with the steeper Old Baldy Trail. The two trails meet first at Josephine Saddle (7,250 ft elevation), and then again at Baldy Saddle (8,800 ft elevation). There's a 1-mile jaunt from the Baldy Saddle to the summit of Wrightson.

Essential Gear


No gear required. This is an easy hike. During the spring and fall, make sure you have at least a jacket or windbreaker for the summit.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.