Rating the Route (By Hiking Standards)here.
0. General: From 725 to 2132 m, exposition south. Below a marked path, on the SW ridge not marked (weak trails, steep grass, some easy rocks). Gear: Good shoes, poles. By the Swiss Scale for hikes the difficulty would be rated T4.
1. Effort: 1410 m, 3 h 30 min,
2. Power: 1 - no difficulties (only walk-up),
3. Psyche: 3 - medium (steep),
4. Orientation: 3 - medium (no real difficulties, but take care for best passages).
From the parking place, 725 m, you go either directly up to the church of St. Lovrenc (or via the mountain hut), or deter from that pat soon above the parking place towards the N and follow the marked path which first reaches the saddle behind St. Lovrenc and then goes up towards the N. Follow this marked path to the altitude of some 1400 m (a good, although steep marked path) to the crossroads with the path, connecting Javornik alpine meadow with Kališče (hut).
On the crossroads you leave marked paths. Just continue directly up, following hunters paths. In the grass you will find signs of tiny paths to the south-west ridge, and when you reach it, you just follow the ridge to the top. The route is very steep, although no climbing is needed. Take care. On the upper part you have to choose the best passages and also scramble over a few rocky section. One of the rocks is being detoured by the left (W, NW side) and that is the place, which can be tricky if the slopes are already covered with snow or ice.
Just below the summit you hit the marked path, coming up through the Javornik ravine (SW ravine). The described route is the most direct route from the south, a normal hiker will need about 3 h, 30 min.
Along this route also a ski descent was done. But it is not the normal ski tour any more - it is on the border between an ordinary ski tour and an alpinistic descent.
PDF Downloads- Click to download a suitable A5 printout of this route description in Slovenian language!
- Click to download a suitable A5 printout of this route description in English language!