bigwillyUntitled Comment

bigwilly

nice work
Posted Apr 28, 2005 11:31 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Hey, ya got me! I am going to Taum Sauk in a few weeks, and I would have put up the page. However, you have done an excellent job, so I am glad you are the one putting this on summitpost! I will add photos once I come back from the trip.

Does the 3-mile loop also reach the summit?
Posted Apr 28, 2005 11:48 pm

csmcgranahanUntitled Comment

csmcgranahan

The summit is pretty lame since it is a ten feet wide paved path and is only about a thousand or so feet from the trailhead. A right turn off of the main paved trail before the summit leads to a T-intersection. This is the loop hike. I think going to the right is a little more scenic then going to the left. If it is raining, take raingear and try it anyway as the falls will be running better. The loop to Mina Sauk Falls is great. If you have a GPS or are good with a map and compass try heading below the falls and bushwacking around.

I would also check out the lookout tower I mentioned. If you are going to be there for a few days there are several cool places in this area. Let me know if you want any recommendations.
Posted Apr 28, 2005 11:56 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Ah, good ol' Missouri. Lived in Belleville for a while as a kid and spent a lot of time in West County a few years back. Been drunk more than a few times in Soulard too. 4 stars just for the memories and seeing Missouri represented but your page is great too. Beautiful waterfall.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 12:16 am

csmcgranahanUntitled Comment

csmcgranahan

I lived in the St. Louis area for about three years and spent a lot of time exploring the backcountry of southern Missouri. Beautiful shut-ins and natural springs.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 12:32 am

ChrisUntitled Comment

Chris

Nice page. This part of Missouri has some beautiful areas. I used to live in Indiana and would come over to canoe (usually the Current, Eleven Point, or Jack's Fork) several times a year.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 12:54 am

csmcgranahanUntitled Comment

csmcgranahan

Those are really great rivers, especially in the summer when they remain cool from spring water. Did you ever get a chance to visit Blue Spring near Owl's Bend on the Current? It is amazing!
Posted Apr 29, 2005 2:10 pm

ChrisUntitled Comment

Chris

No... I never did anything below Two Rivers, for some reason. One of these days I may try to get back to check it out though, I've heard it's amazing.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 4:40 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Very nice!

More Ozark highlands!

Posted Apr 29, 2005 6:47 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

I used to live in the Missouri Ozarks for a while. They are not the mountains I am used to, but the forest were nice.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 10:57 am

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Wow, this page was long overdue. Nice page.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 3:03 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Interesting read.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 7:39 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page! Pretty place! Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Apr 29, 2005 7:47 pm

CNC DaveUntitled Comment

CNC Dave

Great page with clear info. Good photos too.

Makes me want to go there again when I go back

for a visit. Thanks.
Posted Apr 29, 2005 11:35 pm

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Outstanding page, complete with local folklore and nice pictures. Great job!
Posted May 3, 2005 12:55 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

Looks like a prettier area than I'd have expected to find in MO. Guess it all doesn't look like St. Louis...

Nice page.
Posted Nov 8, 2005 8:18 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Great page!! Interesting legend. I like having all 50 highpoints on SP. A goal I hope to complete. I caught some flak for putting up the final highpoint, but they are something I think that adds popularity to this site for some. Have a great day!!
Posted Jan 13, 2006 7:53 am