Tenerife Climbing!

Tenerife Climbing!

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 28.21766°N / 16.63379°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Dec 28, 2012
Activities Activities: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Winter

Escalando en Tenerife!

Ola Amigos

Hey looking for some great winter rock climbing in the sun with 22C temperatures in a superb setting? Well having gone for a week's holiday over the last three years to see in the New Year to sun-kissed Tenerife, I can highly recommend this wonderful Canary Island. On our last trip my buddies and I visited 3 of the best climbing venue’s including La Catedral, Las Canadas and Arico Gorge, new crag and route development is developing at a pace, plus there is more than enough great climbing to fill at least a week or two. The island is also ideal for families with superb walking, a great climate, cheap accommodation and masses of other outdoor activities on offer. Anyway the entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film including climbing at the aforementioned venues with quite an impressive fall, amazing scenery and hungry lizards from our last trip then please use the embedded link. 
 


 
 
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to at least 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. Anyway all constructive feedback or comments welcome and I hope it will inspire a few folks to visit this wonderful sun-kissed island! 

 

Cheers and happy climbing! :-)

 

Dave


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TenerifeTrip Reports