The bärenbrunner panoramas

The bärenbrunner panoramas

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 49.15460°N / 7.85299°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 15, 2004
Activities Activities: Hiking, Sport Climbing, Toprope, Bouldering, Big Wall, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

Generalities

The Bärenbrunnerhof is a very famous farm, which is hidden in the heart of the Wasgau. In the word of Wasgau, we have to understand the fact, that this country is very rich in forests and, especially, climbing rocks (pink sandstone, of course ! ). The Bärenbrunnerhof is perfectly situated, between the watter city of Dahn at the west and the shoe city of Hauenstein at the north-east ... At an altitude of 276 meters over the sea level, the Bärenbrunnerhof is entirely surrounded by fields, forests and rocks ... It's an extremely good known climbing destination. The whole area is very attractive, also for the hikers, who will find a lot of marked paths and ways ... All the rocks that we will discover later, can been reached easely, there's a path for reaching all of those rocks ! This is due by the big presence of the climbers, who are making the crags and the pillars very popular in the sector ! The Mekka of the Bärenbrunnerhof is the giant Pferchfeldfelsen, but this one doesn't offer panoramas for the hikers ... Only the experienced climbers will succeed to climb the aerian sandstone walls of this big rocky site ! The hikers will be directing in another direction, with the others rocks ... But, before or after this long walk, the hikers have the possibility of eating at the Bärenbrunnerhof farm : the kitchen is typical green, natural and the products are coming from the farm (meat, vegetables, fruts, ... ). For this new trip report, I decided to discover, in order, the next sites :

1) SATTELFELS
2) KLOSTERFELS
3) NONNENFELS
4) SCHANDARIE
5) HONIGFELS
6) STERNFELS
7) LÖFFELSBERG



All those rocks can been visited easely, but in the same day, it will be a big " tour de force " ... I try to do it and I succeed ! But I was too and too tired, when I was returning at my house ... The ascents were short, but very steep and hard ! Equally, several scramblings on the summital platforms were technical and difficult, dangerous ! My first interest in this new trip report, is to show you, the different panoramas, that you can have on the Bärenbrunnerhof. All the seven rocks which were listed just above, are giving remarkable views in the valley. You will discover this fastly, with my best pictures ! For beginning, I will hike on the top of the Sattelfels, which is giving me a fabulous panorama on the two villages of Erfweiler and Schindhard. It's a very agreable and remarkable beginning ... To continue, I will walk at the foot of the Wolfshorn massive (476 m), for reaching the second site, named as Klosterfels. From its summit, you will have the first panorama, on the bärenbrunner valley ! The next objective is to reach the summit of the Nonnenfels, which is situated at the same altitude ... It's very aerian, but it's very exciting to practice : the panorama is falling deathly, on the farm and their fields and you can recognize several remarkable rocks of our hike (Schandarie, Honigfels, Sternfels and Klosterfels ! ). At the same altitude, the fourth destination is the very popular climbing tower of the Schandarie ! From here, the panorama on the farm stays remarkable, again ... And you are face to face, with the Honigfels. This one is our fifth destination, which is very easy to penetrate (a big forestian way is running at the bases of the site). Then, later, when we were at the summit and when we had seen the picturesque climbing tower, we quite the Honigfels, for our sixth destination : the Sternfels, with an impressive massive ! The scrambling at the summital platform is difficult enough, between two sandstone walls (a fine crack ... ) ! The danger is big, only the experimented climbers and scramblers will dare and succeed ... But, one time if you are on the top, you will contemplate the most savage and beautiful panorama, on the Bärenbrunnerhof ! It's sure, at 100 % ... You will dominate the climbing tower of the Hauptgipfel and you will recognize at the horizont, our last hiking destination : the mountain of the Löffelsberg (alt. 440 m, the highest point of our circular walk ! ). The Löffelsberg is very isolated, cool and calm and the access isn't easy : at the contrary, the ascent is too long and boring, the forest is very deep and junglual, ... But, the final surprise is meriting : the panorama is atomical, on the whole area of the bärenbrunner valley ! You will see, your mouth and your eyes will falling open ... It will be an incredible discovery for you, we certify this to you ! At the return, we will walk between Busenberg and Schindhard, for returning at our vehicles. For discovering all the rocks in a cool and calm rhythm, you need between 6 and 8 hours. So, this circular hike can be easely done, in only one day ! You only have to be a good walker, that's all ... Be cautious only, because my pictures were taken at different periods and seasons. Let's get started now, in emergency : we will go out, on the terrain ! Good photos contemplations for you, good luck, too much pleasure and action in the bärenbrunner valley ... Comments and interests demands, are friendly welcome, of course ! It will promices, you will see !!!


http://www.pfaelzer-kletterer.de
http://www.vosges-palatinat.com
http://www.dahner-felsenland.net
http://www.baerenbrunnerhof.de

SATTELFELS

Satterberg

Satterberg
Satterberg

KLOSTERFELS

Klosterfels
Klosterfels
Klosterfels
Klosterfels

NONNENFELS

Nonnenfels
Nonnenfels
Nonnenfels
Nonnenfels

SCHANDARIE

Schandarie
Schandarie
Schandarie

HONIGFELS

Honigfels
Honigfels
Honigfels

STERNFELS

Sternfels
Sternfels
Sternfels

LÖFFELSBERG

Löffelsberg
Löffelsberg
Löffelsberg
Löffelsberg


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
reinhard2

reinhard2 - Oct 25, 2009 7:48 am - Voted 8/10

Nice pics

but where is the TR? It' is more of an album garnished with some general remarks.

Kikee

Kikee - Oct 25, 2009 5:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Critics ...

A trip report is like a travel for me ! This proposition of hike is available for one entire day, so I put this article in the category of trip report ! You have to visit several rocky destinations, in a big valley, so it seems to be like a trip for me ! The two others trip reports of the author Gangolf Haub are doing the same as me, with discovering several climbing and hiking destinations ! Before of doing critics, you have better to come into the Palatinate and to practice my hiking proposition in the entire part ! You will see, it will be a very big and hot challenge (I'm not sure, that you will succeed to finish all the circular hike ... ). Good to know, so. I'm waiting for your first hike in the Palatinate and you will see my passion maybe differently ! I'm better than you can imagine, it's sure ... Don't make mistakes, please ! Each picture is under-titled by a comment, for knowing what is the subject of the scenery : normal, no ? Thanx.

Kikee

Kikee - Nov 1, 2009 2:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Sternfels and Honigfels

In this saturday, the 31st october 2009, I was again in the bärenbrunner valley, for revisiting two of the most remarkable rocky formations of this beautiful valley : the Sternfels (sparkle rock) and the Honigfels (honey rock). The autumn is coming and their magnificient colors too : orange, brown, yellow and red ! I did a very beautiful walk in the bärenbrunner forests, alone, for decompressing and taking fresh air. And the most important, always for me : taking new photos, about the rocks that I'd visited ! This small hike was very picturesque and good for me ... A great success !

strateburgum - Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm - Hasn't voted

The panorama

Non seulement tu rédiges superbement en français et maintenant tu maitrises parfaitement la langue de Shakespeare.
Ce site est magnifique, j'ai vraiment envie de découvrir tout ça.
Encore bravo pour ton travail.

Kikee

Kikee - Jun 15, 2011 10:30 am - Hasn't voted

Best regards - Meilleures salutations et merci à toi !

Dear STRATEBURGUM, hello to you, on my SP's pages ! I'm not very good in english, I've only a scolary level, unfortunately ! I had learned english at the high-school, during my terminal ending year, but now it does already a very long time ... I'm better in german, it's an evidence ! But Summitpost was first created for all the planet, so english is the most spoken language on this website ! I had decided to write in english, so almost all the readers will understanding my words and sentences ... Coming up to the palatian rocks, please : those rocks (pink sandstone), are too picturesque and remarkable to climb, and equally, to hike, to visit and especially for me, to photography ! I've got a very great passion for our nature and forestian spaces, located betweeen Vosges and Palatinate (since already 13 years ! ). Now I'm considerated myself as one of the biggest specialists in this domain ! Summitpost is first created for informing climbers and boulderers, but me, my main interest is to inform another category : the hikers (that I am ! ). It's very important to know, that the majority of the palatian rocks can been penetrated only with walk, by foots, from the base up to the summit ! It means, that you don't necessarily need to climb the crags and the walls ! You can in almost all the cases, reaching the summital parts easely ... like me ! And you will done fabulous pictural sceneries (panoramas especially ! ). If you need more informations or topics about those wonderful palatian rocks, please ask me and tell me your own questions and I will so answer them, as best as I can ! I'm your specialist for this ! If you love wild nature and beautiful climbing and hiking destinations, please visit my french homepage, at the next adress : www.vosges-palatinat.com ! I'm waiting for your posts and messages, please ! French, german and english are authorized, I'm understanding those three languages very good ! Please presents my website to all your contacts, nature friends and still more and more ! See you soon again, as fast as possible and thanx a lot for your huge massive support and interest ! Welcome in my second homeworld : the hike in the middle of the forests and the rocks !!!!!

God Bless and Best Regards, friendly from Alsace. Christobalt.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.